How many rare breeds do you have already? Excited for you with these eggs

I've got my Tufted Roman geese, which are also considered Critical by the Livestock Conservancy.

I've got the Aztecs, which very nearly went extinct and were down to just one known flock, but the breed is not well-known and was never widely recognized so that might not count.

I've got my Ko Shamos, which I'm not sure if we would consider rare, but they aren't well-known and I don't many people at all that keep them.

I've got the Ayam Ketawa, which are a bit rare in that they are a recent import to the country.

Brahmas are listed as Recovering now, but I would argue that good, well bred brahmas are still not all that common.

Ended up picking up a shift at the store today. My manager begged me last night to please just come in for a shift any time I wanted today to try to deal with the chick situation.

They sent us over 500 birds at once. We have no room in the brooders, because we have chicks in there that we can't sell even on sale; no one wants straight run, and they keep sending us straight run.

So we have six tubs set up out back also. There are probably a good 700 birds in the store, at least.

Today I spent over two hours cleaning the brooders, feeding, watering, de-pasting butts, and moving birds around to try to make room in the brooders so I could move some from out back up front so we could sell them.

Oh, and the manager emailed the people in charge of sending chicks to all the stores to tell them to PLEASE stop sending us chicks.

Good thing, because apparently they planned to send us literally 600 more next week.

Good morning y'all! Quick Q - how much does everyone feed their ducks? Not including treats/extras. My group always acts like they're starving and tbh two of them are probably on the chunky side. They get around 1c of feed + treats + foraging the majority of the day.
In March, my 38 ducks and Drakes gobbled down 250lbs (113Kg) of Layer Pellets, 40lbs (18Kg) of Black-Oil Sunflower Seeds and 73lbs (33Kg) of cat food.
And the ducks laid 626 eggs of which 570 were sold to pay the bills.

I've got my Tufted Roman geese, which are also considered Critical by the Livestock Conservancy.

I've got the Aztecs, which very nearly went extinct and were down to just one known flock, but the breed is not well-known and was never widely recognized so that might not count.

I've got my Ko Shamos, which I'm not sure if we would consider rare, but they aren't well-known and I don't many people at all that keep them.

I've got the Ayam Ketawa, which are a bit rare in that they are a recent import to the country.

Brahmas are listed as Recovering now, but I would argue that good, well bred brahmas are still not all that common.
Have you ever heart of Cotton Patch Geese? - Just to put another flea in your ear… ;)

Ended up picking up a shift at the store today. My manager begged me last night to please just come in for a shift any time I wanted today to try to deal with the chick situation.

They sent us over 500 birds at once. We have no room in the brooders, because we have chicks in there that we can't sell even on sale; no one wants straight run, and they keep sending us straight run.

So we have six tubs set up out back also. There are probably a good 700 birds in the store, at least.

Today I spent over two hours cleaning the brooders, feeding, watering, de-pasting butts, and moving birds around to try to make room in the brooders so I could move some from out back up front so we could sell them.

Oh, and the manager emailed the people in charge of sending chicks to all the stores to tell them to PLEASE stop sending us chicks.

Good thing, because apparently they planned to send us literally 600 more next week.
I do wonder what goes through the ware houses/suppliers minds sometimes. I've had an over abundance of many products over the years at old job, but they were NEVER alive!! Best of luck selling them

Good Morning, Day, Afternoon, Evening or Night to Everybody on the beautiful Blue Marble planet! 🌎

Perfect work-weather today here in West Virginia: Sunny with clouds in the sky, not too hot and no rain. Need to finish the last veggie bed today!
:frow Good morning Hillbilly, have a great day

images.jpeg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom