Ok day 76 77?I've lost count with no rain. I'm treating an eye infection with Terramycin. Someone's pecking her eye so I need to separate her out today. She also keeps shaking her head. Has anyone put Terramyicin in an ear hole? I think she might have an ear infection too.
Hang in there, we went 2 years with only 100ml in that time, but the rains did return eventually! The dust storms were horrid, and the sheep hungry, but we all survived and the emus have certainly made up for lost breeding time 😳

20220806_172717.jpg
20220806_172721.jpg

This was sooooo nice. Perfect for the heat.

Now that would be cute . I did that once didn't end so well. There were 3 Muscovy drakes down at our river that I befriended I'd go down and feed them and spend time with them. One began coming up to the house to visit with the 3 females Muscovy I had one of them laid 10 eggs and was brooding the other 2 decided to follow the drake back down to the river so my big idea was to take the broody down hooked up to a dog harness and a long line so she could get her sisters to follow us home. Well she got into the river and came out of the harness and I couldn't convince any of them to come home. They spent the night down there and I had to bring the eggs in and put them under a lamp so they wouldn't die. Needless to say having my ducks at the river I sure didn't get much sleep plus I had to get up and turn the eggs and mist. They were solid white and I'm sure glowed in the dark. But thankfully next morning I am standing at the window wondering how I am going to get my ducks home when here comes Ernie [that is what I named him] with the 3 girls following him. He knew breakfast was here so he brought them home. I had to hurry to get those eggs and get them back in the nest before my ducks got back inside the fence. She went straight back into her coop and got on those eggs. All 10 hatched. So if you ever take them to a lake or river make sure you have them in something they can't slip out of. lol

Back
Top Bottom