You must have been horrified! I was mostly joking about taking the ducks to the lake, but I think I will forget about that now. I'd be sitting on the beach bawling my eyes out. And probably scaring anyone that came down for a swim!

I can see the headlines now: 55 year old local man terrifies cottagers with howls of anguish.

I can feel your pain, lol I was just starting out with Muscovy and boy did I have a lot to learn, still do. Aww I see you have lavender Orps. I love them. I have a Mauve and a Chocolate but no lavender sure would like to though.
I don't think we ever stop learning. I rely a lot on my past experience with birds, and lots and lots of research! I honestly don't know what I'd do without the internet at hand (that includes the people here!)

Yup, still young, not laying yet. I have four and would love to get a few more of different colours! And Brahmas!

I don't think we ever stop learning. I rely a lot on my past experience with birds, and lots and lots of research! I honestly don't know what I'd do without the internet at hand (that includes the people here!)

Yup, still young, not laying yet. I have four and would love to get a few more of different colours! And Brahmas!
I love Brahmas too My last was almost 10 when she died of most likely a heart attack. They are such gentle birds.

I love Brahmas too My last was almost 10 when she died of most likely a heart attack. They are such gentle birds.

Greetings, folks!

I'd like to get the Buff Brahmas, if I can. Oh, you've got Bantam Cochins, too! My daughter has those, although I kind of 'stole' one. My grandson asked for Silkies for his birthday, so we have those, also.

I found a breeder in the online want ads that has Silver Phoenix. Very tempting, but not this year, lol! Of course, this started a whole evening of looking up different chicken breeds and adding more to our wishlists! Daughter wants Golden Laced Wyandottes. I have to agree they are very stunning!

I'm the practical one in the family though. Supposedly. We're supposed to be building up our self-reliant homestead, after all! We don't need two roosters that I got for free as an impulse, lol! But I wouldn't trade Dorian the Gray Americauna/Maran and Joe Elliot the Polish for anything! Yes, they are glorified lawn decorations, but who can resist them running to you and following you everywhere like puppies? lol!

I know I love my Roosters too my one just turned 13 on Aug 1st. Love the names of yours. He's Game/Game bantam named Rufus my 2nd is a tiny OEGB Named Adam
I have Silver laced Wyandottes I had 3 sisters and 2 were bullies ganging up on my Salmon Faverolles so the 2 went to a friend. The one I kept is a good girl..
I like breeds that are even tempered so they mostly get along. I love to see the flock all hanging out together just laying around or foraging. Same with my waterfowl.
I was seriously thinking of polish but the lady I got my Wyandottes and Speckled Sussex from said Polish don't do well in an open situation where they have't any protection and I don't even have a run unless you want to say over half acre fenced is the run. lol

Last edited:
Good morning / evening folks :frow

My ducks split up into to two groups. One drake and about 10 girls. One day group 1 got adventurous and found the creek, which runs into the lake. Last I saw them, they were heading for the damn.
Did you ever get them back Bob? That is why I don't want mine going to the river which is only 75 yards from us . The current would have them down stream in no time. Plus just getting there going through the woods isn't something I like to think of.

Back
Top Bottom