I'm going to start making dents in my desk from all the thudding I'm doing on it...

Good day, everyone.

I have a request: Would folks like to mosey on down to this thread and cast some votes?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ntest-09-16-22-pic-by-quarterhorses1.1548457/

You don't have to vote for mine, although I personally think they are funny, but pick out your faves!

Back to egg-watching. Oh, wait, I need to feed the flock...

I have finished work on my new strawberry patch yesterday and ran into a problem:
20220921_192619.jpg

In late spring i bought 10 strawberry plants, which i kept in three planters with the intent of multiplying them through runners. It worked well. All too well! I have planted 40 plants into the bed yesterday and i still have around 40 left, when counting all the runners that are attached to their mother plants. - I ran out of pots and deck railing, so i left those just dangling…
Does anybody know how a method how to convert a pasture into an additional strawberry bed that wouldn't require digging the grass over? (I am experiencing difficulties this year when digging too much…) It would be bad to let these plants go to waste during the winter.

I have finished work on my new strawberry patch yesterday and ran into a problem:
View attachment 3268127

In late spring i bought 10 strawberry plants, which i kept in three planters with the intent of multiplying them through runners. It worked well. All too well! I have planted 40 plants into the bed yesterday and i still have around 40 left, when counting all the runners that are attached to their mother plants. - I ran out of pots and deck railing, so i left those just dangling…
Does anybody know how a method how to convert a pasture into an additional strawberry bed that wouldn't require digging the grass over? (I am experiencing difficulties this year when digging too much…) It would be bad to let these plants go to waste during the winter.
Yes, mail them to me in Canada. :lau

Important question: Should i rent out the downstairs bedroom?

It was a really warm September day here yesterday, so i cleaned up all the duck bowls, filled them with fresh, cold water and the ducks and ducknagers began to play, when suddenly the mallards arrived:

Since they occupy the pond for now, they were not interested in the water bowls, but paid much more attention to the downstairs guestroom window:

What do you think, is 20 eggs per week a fair rent? 😆

Back
Top Bottom