Good Morning and Evening!
1 more day and the beginning of another weekend.
Thank goodness! My poor bf has been working ridiculous hours this week (one day he did 14! And this is all manual stuff!) and he deserves some days off. Hopefully he doesn't sleep through it all, I want to watch some movies and stuff with him, since that's the only way we get to spend time together right now.

Guess what I've got cooking? :jumpy

oRbU2mDENewAZiqFIke9O1hiVFoOZKOe0v6UBTHdhL48Nr-QLMdtEontM7FLsd2zXbat0a-iYCvoM6gqc13qqjfUxYDYB0FT_2cLwH8blhO0xheLTeDKILBfSjjvAm2nMmVLQY-CqaSos8nE53qeETIheBmW_YRDoP7_1oDIJFvOGx_zAlpcUTMUXdMN67atyoYXirUBrmS2Zz7ht_mQf5pcdngI4VPccDF0xHI2fyMzJh9Sl656nkUMV46WN0VQb8nKU-NtqXL-lrPbZkQj8dqicWBdGGK9JtuiD4ouXX2nUtCSNBGD8xzqgpXZx8NArHPVIYcCCf9tNOn24ASzmJ1LoMllwtsL67ExOlKlTerPEnUqywp1xjvAqBf4gNe3e2GQQUnpmKwM-8xWJZvPuYlAZjzrJ2RbEG2VSMLSb6FGIvlWEme3vwQx1JyoGuzSMKIfnETQm4mc3ETaA9m09appcfAylCXNafmGQRZ26kLIe3j8vAvl7p0jUJhrjgHhCV19KyTa0Pnx6Gt6xZMYNU280i2E5ix_OuSpRvueYwoiqtIKNVe-QNP24yuxwYeiLaWAlxJkHzwUQh5MmGgGPSSZFndQgzP52mvhFK-Ss5aJnIkUL8bWQPxZ2Iuef3Y6JMPjzz6PBBTcy6nw3CfixTiPrwWcqiGoRKZd0jJ4I18yQXbR703T__J1PxrL11fZZrZJuvb1oRjITrXBx1z5PNxFqW3Al6jZ946qfe7ari7C-DuNR9dy3Da9RUVLq0bqYm3UpCtrXIOnEl9fBLIqLETiXousYZZq_k_3kVO3HHoI_MDpDJhsdIqth6sJx0qgpv-BWpVeTbQEwl2EDWPnw9p4HtZ8nWBUXFQLfqKz-7n6BiMDbJMd8SZU4oXxWjNRoqk5zYJMchyg8vUUrWB79mxwutm2znecUcXH4BUb_PRLaQ=w1295-h927-no
Goose egg? - Determining from the size of the egg. Definitely not an Emu egg! 🤣

Same, you're supposed to grab them by the back of their shell. NOPE, not doing it!

They are Threatened here so you aren't supposed to but people still poach them. I read a report that they are actually toxic and can make you very sick due to pollution. I guess it just depends where you get them from... Not that I would eat one, unless really desperate.
The neighbors showed me to grab them at the very end of the shell, where the hind-legs come out. They may be able to scratch you, but their snake-like neck is not long enough to bite your limbs off. Grab them any further to the front end and you will loose some parts of your body! They have incredibly loooooong necks. - I wonder how they store those inside of the shell. 🤔 Do they roll them up?
Anyways - There is one particular species here in WV that has been able to procreate so viciously that people are (slightly) encouraged to take them out. They are digging their burrows into levees and pond walls, causing costly damages and flood risks.
The ducks are well aware of how dangerous these dragons are, maybe the mallards have told them some horror-stories.

Happy Pre-Friday to Everybody!

Woke up really early this morning, shortly after sunrise from a loud crack, some noise and a loud thudddd! One of the dead trees near my driveway was blown over by a sudden wind gust. Fortunately it fell downhill, towards the creek and can stay and rot where it fell. No damage other than some broken tree limbs was done. - And a scared Hillbilly who would love to take a nap right now, but has to look awake and alert in the upcoming conference call. 🤯

That is a huuuge Runner egg! 😯
It's not as big as that picture makes it look, haha.

My geese ARE laying, but something is taking the eggs again. I suspect ravens. I don't wanna have to lock them in, and I don't want to put up new netting in the snow, but those are probably my two choices, sigh.

Back
Top Bottom