The Quack Shack

Tooshay89

Chicken Tender
Premium member
Mar 25, 2016
Central Florida
I think we may have just started a bad habit on the doggo front. This morning I was making breakfast and I decided to give our dog Cosmo a piece of sausage. THEN I ended up dropping a pancake on the floor, and decided he could have a bite of it before I threw it away. Well one bite in a dogs mouth is an entire pancake. So he basically had a gourmet breakfast.

And now, here he is, silently begging for my leftover quesadilla. I told him he's not missing much, but look at those eyes. And he's already had HIS dinner.

IMG_1371.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

DiYMama540

Free Ranging
Premium member
Jun 25, 2019
SW VA
My Coop
My Coop
Basketball game, check. Haircuts, check. Still patiently waiting to meet this date 😬

Hubs and I were going to be the drivers for the evening, but we got booted in favor of "a cousin" of the girl 🤔 Neither of the kids can drive yet, only 15. So that sets my mind at some ease...but not much!

Now, if the girl were to ask me anything about my birds like @Pyxis suggested, I'm sold...she can stay! I will roll out the red carpet for a fellow feather lover!! 😂

Trimurtisan

Chief Chicken Choker
May 22, 2019
A cypress swamp in FL
WHAT is this guy?? He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. And also the super cool Tom turkey. But first this guy!!

View attachment 2011008
He is an Eng Orp cross but I can't remember thre other half of the mix. He's freak big too. The bald girl behind him is about the size of a RIR.

The Tom is a Chocolate x Narragansett I think. His name is Charley and one of my favorite birds to hang out with there.

Last edited:

Trimurtisan

Chief Chicken Choker
May 22, 2019
A cypress swamp in FL
I think we may have just started a bad habit on the doggo front. This morning I was making breakfast and I decided to give our dog Cosmo a piece of sausage. THEN I ended up dropping a pancake on the floor, and decided he could have a bite of it before I threw it away. Well one bite in a dogs mouth is an entire pancake. So he basically had a gourmet breakfast.

And now, here he is, silently begging for my leftover quesadilla. I told him he's not missing much, but look at those eyes. And he's already had HIS dinner.

View attachment 2011026

View attachment 2011027
He's adorable!

Tooshay89

Chicken Tender
Premium member
Mar 25, 2016
Central Florida
Here is an Eng Orp cross but I can't remember thre other half of the mix. He's freak big too. The bald girl behind him is about the size of a RIR.

The Tom is a Chocolate x Narragansett I think. His name is Charley and one of my favorite birds to hang out with there.
They both look so cool! If she's missing them in the morning, and I miraculously have two birds just like them.... errr.... never mind. :gig

Tooshay89

Chicken Tender
Premium member
Mar 25, 2016
Central Florida
Nice place for them. What is your camera?
I'm not sure of the camera brand. My husband bought an 8 camera package from Barnwatcher.com. He's super techie (not me, this seemed pretty confusing to set up) and wanted a "closed system" that doesn't rely on wi-fi. We now have weird antennas on the coop, barn and house that all talk to eachother, but it works!

Now I can stalk my animals from the comfort of my house. I think it'll especially come in handy next year when we have goats that are kidding, which no doubt will happen at like 1am.

Top Bottom