The Quack Shack

shawluvsbirds

Lord luv a Duck!
Premium member
Apr 17, 2017
Missouri
Thanks for the heads up. I actually cheated a bit on this last hatch and ran 24 eggs in it. I just put 2 on the small spacers in the middle and hand turned them. Did you do anything to the setting for duck eggs vs chicken eggs?

Me too!
I change the temp to 99 is all.
I have not had a lot of success with my duck hatches in there but I've mostly incubated calls which are a challenge anyway. I've had power outages almost every time. . and I learned the hard way about large eggs not turning.
Another time I forgot I needed to do a complete reset after the last hatch and did not realise my Turner wasn't even on until like a week into it. 😐
The turkey eggs I incubated for my niece done well in there though.
I don't even know if I want to try to incubate this year. The broody mamas do a much better job than I do.

Tooshay89

Chicken Tender
Premium member
Mar 25, 2016
Central Florida
😔😭 Dog hair tumbleweeds!
I never ever thought I would miss those, but i miss them dearly.
My best, once in a lifetime dog, was a golden retriever/black lab mix. "Ladybug" Had golden's hair, only black. I got her back before the designer breeds were a thing, and she was just a $75 mutt.

She lived to be 12, we had to put her down almost 2 yrs ago because she had a tumor growing around her trachea and esophagus, slowly choking her. Broke my heart into a million pieces. We knew the time had come so we gave her a great last day, long walk by the creek.
View attachment 2012450
She's gorgeous! A black golden retriever, I love it! Labs/Goldens have such high instances of cancer and tumors, it's horrible. I'm so sorry that Ladybug had to go through that. Dogs should live as long as their humans. Why can't we figure out a way to make that happen?

Latest posts

Top Bottom