I have short hair Dachshunds and a med size mix bird dog and there is a lot of hair laying around. I tell my dh if they ever do an autopsy on either of us we probably have hairy innards. I have had Goldens and Afgan hounds lots of hair too. But it's surprising how much hair short hair dogs can shed too, and all over our clothes too

It was in NC back about 35 yrs ago, and I probably have some in real photos but it may take me years to find them. We have tons of photos from way before we had computer or cell phones. She was free pup from a friend my dh worked with and he was getting divorced and needed to find her a home.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually cheated a bit on this last hatch and ran 24 eggs in it. I just put 2 on the small spacers in the middle and hand turned them. Did you do anything to the setting for duck eggs vs chicken eggs?

Me too!
I change the temp to 99 is all.
I have not had a lot of success with my duck hatches in there but I've mostly incubated calls which are a challenge anyway. I've had power outages almost every time. . and I learned the hard way about large eggs not turning.
Another time I forgot I needed to do a complete reset after the last hatch and did not realise my Turner wasn't even on until like a week into it. 😐
The turkey eggs I incubated for my niece done well in there though.
I don't even know if I want to try to incubate this year. The broody mamas do a much better job than I do.

Back
Top Bottom