That’s funny. She showed him. Hey how is Ollie?
Not that great actually. I think the reason he was attacked is because he's sick. Both the flocks got sick, and where treated. The bantam flock cleared up no problem. The LF flock though has standing water available, and I can't restrict them to just the medicated water. So they got a little better, and are now reverting.

So that's why I think he was attacked to begin with. I had a talk with Kathy about treating the remaining sick birds, but Ollie is being treated with Sulfa since he only had 1 water source.

He's lost a fair amount of weight, and doesn't want to eat much. He really likes veggies though so I've been giving them a light toss in nutridrench.did a couple oral drenches with his medicated water too. I think he's depressed too. He seems really sensitive about change, but tends to brighten up when Jonah or I approach him.

Some respiratory issues. The bantams cleared right up using the sulfa, so I'm assuming it was something to do with the erratic weather we went through a couple weeks so. The problem with the LF birds is there water on 2 borders of the property. When I just put 2 water'es out, the chickens went to the marsh to drink.

No way to keep them closed up for treatment?
Not really. The shack dosen't have windows, and I'd have a severe mess after a week of keeping them in there. I'm too low on sulfa to retreat everyone again too, so I ordered something I can either inject or oral dose with. I also just replaced the bedding and that was 12 bales of shaving. I'd rather not have to do it again so quickly.

They might take them. The guy just bought the property and doesn't have to be fully moved till the end of Feb, so he's in no rush. I told him I'd keep them around for a while, but he's not sure if he wants them. It all depends on how quick he decides vs how fast the turkey drive me mad.

Good morning!

What kinda turkeys do you have, Chris?

Back
Top Bottom