I may need professional help. Master 8 was busting to try out our new incubator. Pekins have been laying for some time now and one has developed regular sized ones. We did a very specific egg selection on weight, shape etc. We chose 4 eggs. 3 from the fridge and one straight from the nest. Well all 3 from the fridge have developed. The fresh one looks to have quit.
20200217_203203.jpg
20200217_203225.jpg

I may need professional help. Master 8 was busting to try out our new incubator. Pekins have been laying for some time now and one has developed regular sized ones. We did a very specific egg selection on weight, shape etc. We chose 4 eggs. 3 from the fridge and one straight from the nest. Well all 3 from the fridge have developed. The fresh one looks to have quit. View attachment 2028324View attachment 2028325
I would say it does look though something happened :(

Nice to see you getting back on schedule. How are the Liege babies doing?

They're doing really well! The older one has taught all the younger ones to also mob me when I reach into the brooder, so they're all very friendly. Of course, I do bribe them with scrambled egg, haha.

I gotta get some pictures. The older one doesn't do 'holding still' so it's challenging. I might be able to convince the littler ones to stay in one spot long enough.

They're doing really well! The older one has taught all the younger ones to also mob me when I reach into the brooder, so they're all very friendly. Of course, I do bribe them with scrambled egg, haha.

I gotta get some pictures. The older one doesn't do 'holding still' so it's challenging. I might be able to convince the littler ones to stay in one spot long enough.
That's sounds cute!

One of my neighbors enjoys coming over and hanging out with the birds. She's enthusiastic about them but not really educated, no biggie. She likes to call the Silkies my Hippie Chicks, the polish is That Crazy Chicken. She once told me she'd buy me a complete polish flock just so she could hangout with them. (so if anyone knows where to get Lemon Cuckoo Polish, you let me know!)

Anywho, the other night I was hanging out at her place and all the sudden she got excited. "OH OH OH! Have you ever heard of a Fighting Liege?! I saw this blog about a place in Fl that had them. Magnificent birds that demand respect, you can see it in their eyes. You need to get those!"

She's almost twice my age, but it was, dare I say, cute.

Back
Top Bottom