I've had lavender orps in LF and bantam they are nice birds. My EE's I started out with 8 only 2 left they will be 9 in April. They are my oldest hens. Never had Welsummer.
This past summer I had 6 Runners hatch of that 6, 5 were drakes.

Yeah, I’ve always wanted a Lav Orp and was so excited when I finally got one so of course he turned out to be a boy! :lau I may still keep him though.

Sorry about your EEs :( I’ve lost a few birds over the years myself and it’s never fun.

I love my EEs though. I currently have 3 of them. 2 of them are almost 4 1/2 and one I just got last year and she’s about 10 months old now. Actually I have 4 I guess. I keep forgetting the boy :lau :oops:

And yeah I’ve never had Welsummer either but have always wanted one and now I have two. :D the male is gorgeous. :love

And oh wow!! So you got the bad luck too, huh!? :lau

And thanks for the info on the grounds! So I would have to put it in a compost pile or something first? I think the article I read said to put them directly on it, like around the base or whatever, but maybe that’s not true?
No, the article is correct. You do not need to put the grounds in a compost pile. It wiil/ can decompose in the pot just fine. It's a great conditioner, and helps with soil tilth. It's also pH neutral after being brewed. When not brewed however it is very acidic (low pH) and can shock the soil.

No, the article is correct. You do not need to put the grounds in a compost pile. It wiil/ can decompose in the pot just fine. It's a great conditioner, and helps with soil tilth. It's also pH neutral after being brewed. When not brewed however it is very acidic (low pH) and can shock the soil.

Okay great! Thank you!! Very helpful. I would never put unbrewed ones on it cause that would be a waste of coffee. :lau

Yep, thankfully I have a good friend that found homes for 4 boys so that left me with A female an drake I kept them. I’d love to see your lab Orp when he gets full size. I had 2 hens but I bet the roo would be a gorgeous boy

That’s good!! And I’ll have to get a picture of him! He’s huge already but I’ll get one when he gets to his full size. :D his tail is a bit ratty atm haha but I’ve read Lav Orps can have weird feathers. The other boys are starting to get their tails too. Especially the EE and the Andalusian. The Andalusian’s tail is ridiculous lol

Just a few I took today. The weather has been so rainy it’s hard to get any pics

Attachments

• 48C54BFE-94CD-44C5-BD39-AB17641D6937.jpeg
    48C54BFE-94CD-44C5-BD39-AB17641D6937.jpeg
    502.8 KB · Views: 8
  • E70B5797-B310-4C51-8015-AB10B737A4FF.jpeg
    E70B5797-B310-4C51-8015-AB10B737A4FF.jpeg
    939.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2271F5F8-2C7A-409D-A033-6DA34A7B769F.jpeg
    2271F5F8-2C7A-409D-A033-6DA34A7B769F.jpeg
    844.7 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom