Also @KDOGG331 I would suggest trimming your pepper plants back to harden them off, should see new growth sprouting fairly quickly. How m.j much longer before your plant date?

The rule of thumb in my area is May 10 😒
I usually save a lot of the more tender annuals for Mother's day weekendish, but there's a lot of things that are alright by early-mid April.

They are a bunch of chickens @YodaBat !

The ice fishing pics by @duluthralphie was pretty amazing 😲

Good news @Miss Lydia !! Virginia House rejected the new gun laws! They asked for more "research " on the subject. So for 2020 at least, our guns and ammo are safe!!
We teach our youngns' not to play with dads guns.

This is one of my favorite insecticides. Captain Jack's Deadbug. It can work on mites, but it's hit or miss too be honest. It uses saponins which is a great organic solution. Mites can just be resistant to it. Overall though, it's my favorite goo to for bugs.
View attachment 2028963
Please don't shoot me, but if that's the 0.001% stuff you probably shouldn't use it :oops: , it's not concentrated enough and using it could cause resistance to spinosad.

I like the Garden Safe Fungicide3
It stinks to high heavens until it dries, but it works miracles...especially on roses. I use it on my own plants as well as our clients! (Husband and I do landscape on the side)
Screenshot_20200217-195323_Chrome.jpg

Also @KDOGG331 I would suggest trimming your pepper plants back to harden them off, should see new growth sprouting fairly quickly. How m.j much longer before your plant date?

The rule of thumb in my area is May 10 😒
I usually save a lot of the more tender annuals for Mother's day weekendish, but there's a lot of things that are alright by early-mid April.

Thank you! I’ll try that. I’ve been plucking iffy leaves off but I’ll keep doing it or maybe cut some of the old branches off? Though some have new leaves growing already.

And yeah I think we’re May too. :(

Though last year was really cold and wet into like June. I also procrastinated planting for the longest ever and didn’t put stuff in till like mid June :oops: but I was glad as I think it would have suffered anyways.

This year is very warm and we’ve hardly had a winter at all so I’m hoping I might be able to plant earlier.

@casportpony I rarely use any bottled products in the garden. I prefer to use neem, karanga, crustation meal, make fermented plant extracts and so on. I'm a hardcore organic follower, but it's a lot of work to run an organic IPM system so instead I typically recommend what products have worked in the past. Jacks is good, but I have seen mites resistant to it. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom