Thats not a possum it's a demon rat!!! You know for a good nonth after joining byc I thought our possums were they same and was so confused!
images.jpeg-7.jpg

Thats not a possum it's a demon rat!!! You know for a good nonth after joining byc I thought our possums were they same and was so confused! View attachment 2033075

I have a story about opossums. My ex's grandmother runs a wildlife rehab center in PA. Along with the wildlife rescue, she also had her own exotics, and had the facilities to house them - all kinds of monkey and apes, ringtailed lemurs, parrots, reptiles, a little baby alligator, etc.

We went down to PA to visit their family, and so I spent a week helping out at the center. It was awesome. I got to bottlefeed all kinds of babies - deer, squirrels, I even spent the week taking care of a baby wallaby and carrying the 'pouch' around.

Some of the babies were orphaned opossums. Anyway, one night we had just finished doing the last round of feeding and such before I went to bed, and I was heading out. I opened the back door of the facility and there, right on the doorstep, was a baby opossum, all alone. We were so confused; all the babies we already had were accounted for. Somehow this little baby opossum ended up right outside the back door of the perfect place to take care of him.

I'm still really good friends with the ex, who lives down there now, so I'm hoping to go back and visit again at some point. It's a cool place. Though unfortunately due to some politics and a grudge on the part of another woman who runs a wildlife rehab place, her license for exotics was pulled, so it'll just be wildlife next time.

I have a story about opossums. My ex's grandmother runs a wildlife rehab center in PA. Along with the wildlife rescue, she also had her own exotics, and had the facilities to house them - all kinds of monkey and apes, ringtailed lemurs, parrots, reptiles, a little baby alligator, etc.

We went down to PA to visit their family, and so I spent a week helping out at the center. It was awesome. I got to bottlefeed all kinds of babies - deer, squirrels, I even spent the week taking care of a baby wallaby and carrying the 'pouch' around.

Some of the babies were orphaned opossums. Anyway, one night we had just finished doing the last round of feeding and such before I went to bed, and I was heading out. I opened the back door of the facility and there, right on the doorstep, was a baby opossum, all alone. We were so confused; all the babies we already had were accounted for. Somehow this little baby opossum ended up right outside the back door of the perfect place to take care of him.

I'm still really good friends with the ex, who lives down there now, so I'm hoping to go back and visit again at some point. It's a cool place. Though unfortunately due to some politics and a grudge on the part of another woman who runs a wildlife rehab place, her license for exotics was pulled, so it'll just be wildlife next time.
It'd be so cool to see a place like that. Wallabys are the cutest!

Back
Top Bottom