Chris my Muscovys hatched my Runners an Buffs. I don’t let my mamas an ducklings be around the other birds with out protection like fencing ( probably being over protective) but I set them up so everyone can see them after a week or 2 they can all be together. I’ve come along way there it use to be 3 weeks before I allowed mamas and ducklings to be out among the flock. I keep close eye on everyone.

Chris my Muscovys hatched my Runners an Buffs. I don’t let my mamas be completely around new duckling ( probably being over protective) but I set them up so everyone can see them after a week or 2 they can all be together. I’ve come along way there it use to be 3 weeks before I allowed mamas and ducklings to be out among the flock. I keep close eye on everyone.
I think I'l put them in the a-frame then. I'm most concerned about the AC roo. He's been okay with young chickens but I don't allow him around anything not feathered out yet. I've not really seen him do anything to give me caution, but I've read a few sad stories about AC roos killing young birds. I might just be paranoid, but he's the most ornery of the bunch and is capable of being rude. He's been great the last few months, but I don't want to temp him.

We call them swedes here. They taste best when grown in a cold climate.
:smack :smack :smack :smack :smack :smack :smack :smack :smack
1586523590487.gif
:smack :smack :smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack:smack

Back
Top Bottom