In other news, the county was around yesterday clearing some trees along the roadside in my area and I ran them down to ask for their load of wood chips. One load of wood chips later with a request for another, I am absolutely tickled. I live in the boonies so free woodchips are hard to come by, I've been looking for awhile. :celebrate
My horse will thank me later when she figures out her winter lot is not a mud bog this spring.
Bonus points also when I found out they will come and remove that deer carcass too.

Your crows are very different to ours.... only reason they chase off other birds is so they can hunt themselves. Awful birds crows (here atleast) watch them bully birds to death. Including poultry. New born animals they eat the eyes out before they can even get up to walk. AWFUL
They do that here too Wunda, but they harass hawks like crazy. I have read it’s to distract the hawks from raiding their nests. Regardless, they aren’t terribly nice birds. Grackles are another rotten bird we have. They do all the terrible things crows do. When one of their babies fell out of a tree on a windy day I wasn’t able to keep it out of the backyard and my chickens ate it. I figured it was poetic justice for all the doves and such they killed in my yard.

Back
Top Bottom