Good Wednesday Morning and Evening...
37F here this morning and Ian is on his way. Looks like we're going to get some rain from him.
Happy Wednesday! - I was about to send you a warning about Ian, but i can see you are already on alert.
It looks like even we, on the other side of the mountains will receive some rain from the left-overs from the hurricane. Hopefully my hay will be dry and in the barn by then.

Happy Wednesday everybody!
1664376781949.png

Well I have had a day.

I woke up this morning and then set out to meet someone to pick up some ducks. We met at TSC, so I took the puppy with me and we went in and I bought her a pig ear. So far so good.

Except on the way home I suddenly lost oil pressure and the car was screaming at me to turn the engine off. So I had to pull to the shoulder on the highway and do that.

Luckily I have AAA! Should be easy, right? Call them and get a tow and get on my way. Well I did, but the tow company they contracted kept saying they were coming and didn't. They were supposed to arrive in an hour. They did not, so I called AAA. They told me I was supposed to be their next call and they would be coming soon. 45 minutes later, they are still not there, so I call again and this time AAA gets ahold of the driver who says he will be there in 15 minutes.

Guess who was not there in 15 minutes? I call AAA again, and they AGAIN call the driver, who this time says he'll be there 'any minute'. AAA tells me to call them if he isn't there in five minutes because this has gotten ridiculous. Now, my Dad was working nearby so he came out to sit with my car so I could head home with the dog, two and half hours later.

As I am leaving, the tow driver calls and asks where I am. He then says he will hop on the highway and be there. So when I got home, I called my Dad to ask how it was going. He STILL was not there, but then as we were talking he finally pulled up.

My Dad told me that the guy was trying to talk about getting it started instead of towing it, but Dad shut that down. Dad told him where it was going (my uncle's auto repair shop) and the guy tried to say he didn't know where that was. So my Dad gave him directions.

I then called my uncle to make sure my car actually showed up, and the guy was unloading it as I called. I told my uncle the guy tried to tell me he didn't know where his garage was. My uncle told me that they had literally dropped a different car off last week.

So you can bet I called AAA back and told them all that happened and I hope they consider dropping this company as one of their contractors. My brother called a tow through AAA for his car last winter and they never showed up, my dad had to pull his car out of a ditch with his truck. Turns out, it was the same towing company then too.

Back
Top Bottom