View attachment 3450970
The ducks started fighting in the pool, and by the time I got to them to separate them, this had happened. The eye is a bit sunken in. What should I put on and around it?
You should be good with an ointment like Neosporin (you have that in the States, right?) or other topical antibiotic ointment.

Poor little guy.

Thanks!
No pain relief, right?
Also, would i put it on the skin above the eye or on the eye?
If he doesn't seem to be in pain, I wouldn't think so. I have no idea what pain killers are safe for ducks.

And yes, just on the skin, although you can actually get the ointment for the eyes if that's what appears to be injured. It looked more like a cut to me in your pic, but you would know better.

If he doesn't seem to be in pain, I wouldn't think so. I have no idea what pain killers are safe for ducks.

And yes, just on the skin, although you can actually get the ointment for the eyes if that's what appears to be injured. It looked more like a cut to me in your pic, but you would know better.
He doesn't seem to be in pain, he just dunks his head in water more often.
Do you think this would be fine?
Screenshot_20230331-220200~2.png

Update on the self-taming Mallards:
Again Mr. Mallard tried to run into the duck's house together with the flock in the evening, but this time Flauschi Duck flipped out! She, a fully grown White Layer duck, attacked the much smaller Mallard Drake and drove him off. She looked like a cobra-chicken, chasing after him. :lau Fortunately Mallards can fly up within one step…
Not sure what was his mistake. 🤔
- Wrong type of flowers?
- Bad table manners?
- Cheating with Fluffy Duck?
Who understands female ducks?! :gig

Closing the geese in their run instead of letting them out to free range has solved my missing eggs issue. Now I have another problem:

mu6W2BwHeQTe5S6uC-86bcL3DGunLIhlzA887rx0MBhUaBW_lVWAH-1dH-3SzIF1aU66sAGrNJ3E5L1AVbO4Qherd_z6yA856LPkEyFLDkJ6LwUW8Cc_TDqGzwHdwWje26Oex6l5YXBH2UtxxopfxzECuikOKtUROrKwUHcgHM2prRmjuC62aXwLTyDSPulccR9kYrOkslgtJEjJ3KSvR4fXepqqJ33rjVx2NOlrYPjKMLZh-OiMA7O2SqRLqAv4LK40phDUN0fIJnFkFShVJZfaRZ9j4BifLda5svIz-YGc2DF8jkWhdM4ncEYu8ov-n7BAeSWliDhMXnhlvrYk3KKvBGBw0IKkgUTHEuSy1mE3Iw19_lSWdruXYZdkfhLQo8xG50IdOdwJMVCciK9tUL8FuSLBqqaMukP8t-8fPJYhm_ayr7qr0vhX5kgZiRv9o_9Qs4QBJVBRUvEN6tywtret4aHxM8Hv2-YQqy8tXrGFUPVK-gP-6IKwe9jYzK-u2TA_wuQpCtk15sOKKMLe5lB-dYHkaJkIc9izOYxaTEspm1USd09Ux3oG78BWIezhNc3AA8LExM4xYqWdrPeyFJEeWfbaCE1O9cPUwB8bXP9OyVLZzBrSV2985NZ__YSPw92wRxE8pyoTlWnhTihnWD9KjfCH4Au8zkxPXtrPNaIMWYDylt9k76hLPWIBQDtqoPxXZKBjg5gv6mlqG4ZhLZtCjYUCfepieAeu2jBf6uUXXc93cYb-wxgy-L_Eq1zIQoZ909JFd3vUIt_fCJz_jgliOTN5K6DknkVD4kqpqDhteLTh5TUVWtGbp2924l-V6Z4c9e7YsblSpY7xPbx-pb7mJCCBW9NdodeSKt2BrT7gVcp8THvxa-rq3uNYFtphB-L4wbWSIEl9ebxipYm5gD2gpMAWvJ41eMMAW1Poq8p35Q=w1920-h865-s-no

All these eggs, and no incubator space! The GQF is still full of emus, and my old faithful Brinsea octagon died last year - doesn't heat any more. The nurture right is full of ducks and quail.

I can't believe it, but I think I have to buy another incubator.

Back
Top Bottom