It's the kind of age when you know you're not young; but are still hesitant to consider yourself old although you understand this rationally :)

My father (81 this year) says: you always feel 25 in your heart, it's just that more and more parts hurt. So far this seems very accurate to me.

Yes, nature has been good to Slovenia. The land is glorious; the country, as a political entity, maybe not so much but... You know how they say "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence" and how people like to go "oh this is ONLY possible in our country" whenever they have a bad experience. Well, there's a lot of that. In the end it's the individual perspective that counts.

I was just discussing things with my wife the other day and we decided we're actually old hippies. We were born a bit late for that (late 60's) but that's what it's come to. :)
Your father is a wise man. I agree with him. I want my body to be 25 again, too!!!

Born in the late 60s, or are in your late 60s? If the former, then we're the same age, lol! I was born in 67.

Correct about the comfrey, great externally though - traditional name is knitbone and I can affirm that this works).
However as I understand it, it seems OK for poultry; I guess it all depends on quantity.
Good info about the herbs, I guess I'm about to run into some problems:)
Ducks tend to eat any plant they like whole. Just ask last year's tomatoes…
In the raised beds i usually plant a row of onions around the rim to distract the ducks - they hate onions a garlic! But last year they figured that out too and started to pull the onions out, discarded those and went straight to the sweat potatoes…
Never stand between your ducks and their food!

Ducks tend to eat any plant they like whole. Just ask last year's tomatoes…
In the raised beds i usually plant a row of onions around the rim to distract the ducks - they hate onions a garlic! But last year they figured that out too and started to pull the onions out, discarded those and went straight to the sweat potatoes…
Never stand between your ducks and their food!
I'm planting garlic around everything I want generally protected from various, uh ... predators... - good to know it's even more universal than I thought.

Okay folks, we're in a different timezone, we're shutting down now and it's gonna be Monday tomorrow, fighting off people who thought up interesting new requests over the weekend :)

Good night everybody!

I hope i have some great news: Either i have damaged my ears or i heart somebody peeping under Buffzilla Duck. First time around noon, when i brought her water and food and i noticed she would not lift her butt from the nest, not even for meal-worms!
And the second time later in the afternoon when i was collecting the eggs for today.
I haven't seen anything, but i (imagine) i heart some peeping.
:pop

That is a lot of protein! - I need to look at the dog food aisle next time and compare prices. The cat-food that i am currently buying is the house-brand of one of the farm-stores here and contains 22% protein.
Looked up Defu feed, their prices would ruin me! My ducks go through a 40lbs (18Kg) bag of cat-food in less than two weeks and i have to cough up 1$ per pound currently.
Peas are cheeper.

Well, I hope not but I guess we'll see.... I believe by this age (4 and a half months) it should already have been obvious? I can see the ducks "mating" on land and I think it's just a simulation ... I could be in for a surprise :)
Is she/he quacking or more like rasping? Drakes should be rasping when four months old. And they also should have grown their drake feathers - curly feathers at the top of the rear end. And for sure they will be using their cork-screw - not to open a bottle of wine, but …
:oops:

Your father is a wise man. I agree with him. I want my body to be 25 again, too!!!

Born in the late 60s, or are in your late 60s? If the former, then we're the same age, lol! I was born in 67.
Born in 68, close enough :)
Why do i suddenly feel so old? - Hint i was very enthusiastic when a company launched the Commodore 64 home-computer system…
:oops:

Back
Top Bottom