For sure you have a point, the eggs are already quite "crowded" but I can see the veins very well and they are going vertically as they should (not floating in a horizontal circle). The air sacs are quite small to my newbie eye. I think they are doing well.

Can't take a photo because I'm using the mobile's light. And a sawn-off medicine bottle. Painted over with beehive paint.

If they are OK now, it's not very likely they would suddenly die before I open the incubator anyway at hatchday-minus-two, correct? I don't have to look again? I would prefer to just let them be since progress seems good.
I would candle the eggs at least once a week, also i would smell every egg on that occasion. The developing embryos can still die and an exploded stinker-egg in your incubator can ruin the whole batch.

Three days without power, without INTERNET!!!

Finally came back about 45 minutes ago. Slowly catching up on stuff here.

Probably lost the eggs that were in lockdown. :( Keeping my fingers crossed that the other eggs made it through with only some delays. especially the goose and duck eggs I set.
Crossing fingers 🤞🏻 but you know how resilient eggs are, especially in their later stages of development. I was surprised over and over again last year.

Crossing fingers 🤞🏻 but you know how resilient eggs are, especially in their later stages of development. I was surprised over and over again last year.
I lost power on my last batch and at 32 days it was garbage day and I went up to the barn to throw away my eggs. I had two duckling! It just took 4 days longer.

Bird jail and boy does their poop stink. Worse than goose.
20240406_155701.jpg

Back
Top Bottom