Wow, that's wild. It's been raining off and on here since yesterday, sometimes harder than others. Not supposed to stop until tomorrow, but nowhere near as bad as that.
It isn't usually a big problem when it rains here for three days straight, but especially yesterday it came down really hard. The soil was already saturated and the creeks were already flooding so that felt like somebody just flushed the toilet, a really big toilet...
It looks like my little bridge is still there and i need to drive to the Orange-Store to pick up my new sander. Will see how that goes…

20240406_155701.jpg

Attachments

• 20240406_155701.jpg
    20240406_155701.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 4
So i drove to the orange big-box store and back and there was a lot of water damage visible in the holler. The debris-line indicated that some parts of the road must have been under 2m (6') of water.
Who knew that chain-link fences act as nets that collect debris and turn into dams and will be knocked over by the raising water behind them?
Coopers creek, to which my little creek is a tributary looks like garbage dump, i saw the content of several houses shredded and distributed along the banks. I found a bucket from the blue big-box store at the side of the road that was completely intact.
Checked on my neighbors and they are all fine, apart from some minor damage due to erosion. Fortunately the forecast promises us some warmer and sunnier weather for the upcoming week...

Back
Top Bottom