~The Sapphire Gem~ A Breed's Chat Thread

Here’s one of my 4 Sapphires.
I believe they will be the last of my 4. They all do this randomly through the day. They’re free range and do it in the middle of the field!!!!

20200831_193735.jpg
20200813_100452.jpg
20200802_122457.jpg
20200613_120856.jpg
20200613_115713.jpg
20200802_122216.jpg

Ther cross breed but thwy are beautiful.

I have 9 Sapphire Gems from Hoover’s and they’re just at 16 weeks. One of them has developed a lot of red around her neck. She’s the only one out of the flock. Anyone else experience this or is she a special lady? 😊
Yes, mine both got the rust colored neck feathers their 2nd year...must be one of the breeds they used to create them I guess. If she's that rusty now, she will likely get more so after another molt.

Hi Gemmers - I am considering getting some Gems, but the Andalusian background has me nervous. I just had to get rid of my Isbars because they were managing to get over fences to roost in my neighbor's tree. Is this breed happy (or heavy enough) to stay on the ground and easily confined? All our neighbors have dogs, so I can't risk an agile fence climber.

Hi Gemmers - I am considering getting some Gems, but the Andalusian background has me nervous. I just had to get rid of my Isbars because they were managing to get over fences to roost in my neighbor's tree. Is this breed happy (or heavy enough) to stay on the ground and easily confined? All our neighbors have dogs, so I can't risk an agile fence climber.
One of my sapphires cleared a 6' fence without touching it at 22-24 weeks old. I gave the lot to my wife's uncle, he regularly finds them on his 7' deer fence. Not sure if they are stepping up or flying directly up. There's a 4x6 around the top of his fence around the garden area. They set up there to preen and nap.

Back
Top Bottom