~The Sapphire Gem~ A Breed's Chat Thread

Those are absolutely precious!!!! Sadly 2 of ours didnt make it something got to them in the middle of the night :( all we have is the one that fell asleep in my daughter's arms :(
After we build our coop we will get more, but I'm so sad

Thank you! We brought it to my moms 4 now and shes happy!!

Attachments

• 20180513_161915.jpg
    20180513_161915.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 198
I am so glad I found this thread! I picked this baby up out of a straight run bin just because it (hopefully she!) is beautiful, but I've had no idea what it is. Does anyone think it might be a Saphire Gem?
20180405_112053.jpg
20180405_201025.jpg

I am so glad I found this thread! I picked this baby up out of a straight run bin just because it (hopefully she!) is beautiful, but I've had no idea what it is. Does anyone think it might be a Saphire Gem? View attachment 1403485 View attachment 1403491
She could be. Where did you get her from? If it’s tracyor supply she more then likely is a sapphire gem because Hoover supplies them. Does she have a white dot on the top of her head? Sapphire gems are supposed to be sex linked with males being barred. So if she has a dot then she would be male (if she is a gem).

I'm happy you started this thread! About two weeks ago we purchased two chicks from Rural King. They both are supposed to be females, but I have my doubts. But they sure are cute! And much more calm than our other chicks. Quieter, too. A couple of chill little birds!
Aren't they sexlinks?

Aren't they sexlinks?
They are supposed to be but there may be flaws in the system. We aren’t 100% yet. There is another thread in the what breed or gender section where we have been posting age progression photos. One lady has two that had no visible dot are barring when young that seem to be cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom