Trip to feed store leads to political arguement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant go around in public spouting off about politics and not expect a response...if it bothered you so much don't yell across the store next time so everyone hears you.

You cant go around in public spouting off about politics and not expect a response...if it bothered you so much don't yell across the store next time so everyone hears you.

I don't see why not... I hear people spouting off about all kinds of stupid things and I don't feel the need to put my 2 cents in every time I hear nonsense or an opposing opinion. I kind of think people who feel like they have to address other people that they disagree with all the time need to stop and think about why they think they are in charge of "correcting" or "contradicting" other people? I sure as heck don't think it's my job to get in people's faces over their opinions in public, even if I think they are wrong.... I don't understand other people who cannot let other people alone. If I am not part of someone else's conversation, even if they are loud enough for me to overhear them, I do not think I have some automatic right to "butt in" with my opinion.

It is what it is..she yelled it out for everyone to hear..
I myself wouldn't have said anything..just thought they were nuts..lol But its common sense on such a hot topic that it will rile people up..
She also stayed and argued politics with the guy..instead of just simply saying.."Hey buddy..mind you, ':()@,: business. I wasn't talking to YOU"
Makes no sense to me..
:confused:

Either way..I really don't care.. :lol:

Last edited:
I said didn't want to argue politics here but I feel I need to point something out about the moral of this story! To late the wealthy took their tax break and took a lot of our jobs overseas were they got cheap labor and screwed the Americans not only out of jobs, But out of having a safe product to sell in America! And yes I am talking about the tire industry! Which I might add that I use to work in doing a mans job and not getting paid equal pay for it either!
Well that doesn't really address what the story was about.
You bring up another subject and that's buying stuff made overseas. Well do people buy stuff made in other countries because it's made in other countries or do companies make stuff in other countries to survive ? If the American people want the cheapest price they will only get that on the backs of the American workers. If the American people want jobs here then they need to buy stuff made here. You cant blame a business for wanting to stay in business.
I did sue the company for that reason! Dummy me didn't sue for any money, I sued so that wouldn't happen to another women ever again! Do you know what happened to the guy that took me in his office and told me I would never make what the men make there because I am a woman! He had to go to anger management classes! And they have never hired another woman in my position since! If that had happened under our current presidents watch, I would have made a media event out of it! But it was before he signed the Ledbedder act! Some say it wasn't necessary for him to do that but I know by experience it was very necessary! I worked for a local tire distribution company, were I drove a box truck and delivered tires. All sizes! From small cart tires to the big construction tires. When I say big I mean I could stand up inside of them! nuff said!
From reading this I don't think you know what the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 was about. The new act states that the 180-day statute of limitations for filing an equal-pay lawsuit regarding pay discrimination resets with each new paycheck affected by that discriminatory action.

If you want to address the sex discrimination issue then find someone that has applied for the job and been denied due to sex. There are laws against that.

pop.gif

I buy stuff often for price.Will I get a 99 cent t shirt from wherever or a $15 dollar one made in the USA? Even if I were rich I would go for the 99 cent one.No worker in the US is going to work the wages and hours people do(often by force) to offer me that low cost product. I used to take care of 30+ elderly for 8 hours or more at $3.83 an hour.Same job these days pays $15 an hour.We want more money.We want more benefits.We don't want to pay high anything,but we do when it comes to medical.Boy that screws us big time.

Did I mention 10 trillion and counting made by Frontline in 2009? Was very interesting.Wonder what the update would say.You can't keep borrowing BILLIONS from other countries to pay DAILY needs.It is going to collapse at some point.People say it won't,but how can it not?!?!?!?
A country is no different than a person borrowing and borrowing and just barely paying interest while borrowing more at the same time. I am sad for our children.

I buy stuff often for price.Will I get a 99 cent t shirt from wherever or a $15 dollar one made in the USA? Even if I were rich I would go for the 99 cent one.No worker in the US is going to work the wages and hours people do(often by force) to offer me that low cost product. I used to take care of 30+ elderly for 8 hours or more at $3.83 an hour.Same job these days pays $15 an hour.We want more money.We want more benefits.We don't want to pay high anything,but we do when it comes to medical.Boy that screws us big time.

Did I mention 10 trillion and counting made by Frontline in 2009? Was very interesting.Wonder what the update would say.You can't keep borrowing BILLIONS from other countries to pay DAILY needs.It is going to collapse at some point.People say it won't,but how can it not?!?!?!?
A country is no different than a person borrowing and borrowing and just barely paying interest while borrowing more at the same time. I am sad for our children.
So as I said you're part of the problem.

pop.gif

I live in Colorado and honestly cannot even turn the TV on right now. Sunday, during football - there were political ads back to back the ENTIRE commercial break. I am an election judge and Love the process but yesh, I cannot wait for this election season to be over.

hemet dennis,
Used to be people (i.e. women) used to make most or all of their family's clothes. After WWII the off-the-rack habit got stronger along with general consumerism, and we became less self-reliant. Plus, more women were going to work (during the war) and had less time to make clothes. And, being able to buy clothes was the height of luxury that showed you had "arrived" financially, even if you were just working class or middle class.

Now we not only don't want to make our own clothes, we want to be able to buy them cheaply. Cheap, crappy-made clothes that fall apart or wear out quickly, but that's fine because fashion is fickle! There was a time when you had one or (if you were lucky) maybe two complete outfits, one or two pairs of shoes, and you wore them till they wore out. Now we have "Imelda Marcos" closets filled with cheapo crappy imported clothing. I would rather spend 15 bucks on a shirt made by well-treated, fairly paid workers in the USA, and have it be of good workmanship and quality fabric, and have it wear like iron, and only have a week's worth that I keep rotating until they need replacement. That's preferable to me than buying crappy stuff cheap from a distant overseas factory that abuses and underpays its workers.

hemet dennis,
Used to be people (i.e. women) used to make most or all of their family's clothes. After WWII the off-the-rack habit got stronger along with general consumerism, and we became less self-reliant. Plus, more women were going to work (during the war) and had less time to make clothes. And, being able to buy clothes was the height of luxury that showed you had "arrived" financially, even if you were just working class or middle class.

Now we not only don't want to make our own clothes, we want to be able to buy them cheaply. Cheap, crappy-made clothes that fall apart or wear out quickly, but that's fine because fashion is fickle! There was a time when you had one or (if you were lucky) maybe two complete outfits, one or two pairs of shoes, and you wore them till they wore out. Now we have "Imelda Marcos" closets filled with cheapo crappy imported clothing. I would rather spend 15 bucks on a shirt made by well-treated, fairly paid workers in the USA, and have it be of good workmanship and quality fabric, and have it wear like iron, and only have a week's worth that I keep rotating until they need replacement. That's preferable to me than buying crappy stuff cheap from a distant overseas factory that abuses and underpays its workers.
And if more people thought like you how many more people would be employed here ?

pop.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom