Pics

Abraeri

Songster
7 Years
Apr 12, 2017
Atlanta, GA
My Coop
My Coop
Blood/water in her nostrils. Hard to turn neck. is attempting to drink and eat but is struggling to turn neck... one eye is half closed. trying to shake herself but can't (ruffling her feathers). Pictures attached. Any ointments we can use? How can we clear the stuff in her nose?

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 71
I just washed her wounds with clear iodine and applied some triple antibiotic. Do I have to worry about her breathing in the water? I cleaned out as much liquid as I could, but it's still red inside. Also, any advice for what to do with her eye?

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    353.2 KB · Views: 69
Don't put red kote in her nares or around her eyes. How long ago did this happen she may still be in shock? Give her warm water deep enough to wash our her eyes and nares. If you think is isn't in shock then you could put her in warm water bath but don't let her chill. Putting her in warm water may get her to washing her head and nares out.
Maybe the hawk punchered through her sinus cavity and that is the reason for blood in her nares. Other wounds wash good with soap and water and use antibiotic ointment with out pain relief. I'd keep her in over night in case she is in shock still. So sorry this happened. For her eye you can make a saline rinse by using a cup of warm water to 1/8th tea salt mix well and just rinse her eye out.

Probably happened around 12... I gave her deep water but she isn't cleaning them out, there are cuts on her bill, so maybe that is it? Is there anything I can do? I will try and put her in the bathtub to get her to clean them out. Also, I asked before but anything I can do about her eye? It isn't cut, but won't open. Thanks for the reply

You can use the saline rinse for her eye and after spread some antibiotic ointment around it its safe. Tomorrow maybe you can find some Terramycin eye ointment TSC carries it. That is excellent for eye issues.

ACV in her water bowl can help too depending on size of bowl but ACV is 1Tab per gal of water it can help heal and also kill bacteria. It won't sting if used at this amount.
Stay with her when you put her in the bath.

Sorry I couldn't reply, my laptop died. I put her in a box and covered her with a towel, she seems to be happy and is trying to eat some corn. What does Terramycin do? just asking because her eyes doesn't actually seem injured, if you look at the pictures above. Will try to get some though

Back
Top Bottom