Pics
I'm not sure exactly which one since both brands were in the barrel.
Even though you wouldn't be able to tell which feed it was.. did you have the feed tested or just the birds?

For this reason I always keep the tag with the lot number and/or manufacturing date in the barrel until the feed is gone.. and change it with each new batch.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss! :hugs

Thank you for trying to prevent it for others, I have used both those brands in different formulations.

Even though you wouldn't be able to tell which feed it was.. did you have the feed tested or just the birds?

For this reason I always keep the tag with the lot number and/or manufacturing date in the barrel until the feed is gone.. and change it with each new batch.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss! :hugs

Thank you for trying to prevent it for others, I have used both those brands in different formulations.
I found out by lab done nercopsy. They found E coli in the food in the stomach and in the bloodstream so they're certain it was feed 😞 I don't usually use those brands but the local store was out of the normal stuff.

E coli from either Dumor or Pride Producers layer pellets killed half my flock, in Texas. I'm not sure exactly which one since both brands were in the barrel. Just a heads-up for people who use these brands and get any birds who die tested for E coli after using these to report. I'd hate for this to happen to more people!
Thank you for posting this, very good to know. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for going ahead and getting a necropsy done. You may have saved a lot of birds. :hugs

I found out by lab done nercopsy. They found E coli in the food in the stomach and in the bloodstream so they're certain it was feed 😞 I don't usually use those brands but the local store was out of the normal stuff.
Im so sorry for your loss. Thank you, i appreciate it. :hugs Sorry about your birds.

Not to argue, but if the bird had E.coli in the stomach (not uncommon) and ate food wouldn't that food then contain E.coli too? I'd want to see feed tested right out of the bag before bad-mouthing the feed mill.
I'm just going by what the coroner said. They said it was the food. I'm not exactly sure how they test for everything and determine that but probably because the food hadn't sat in the crop and stomach for long. Maybe get your food tested to see if yours is bad before throwing it out? I know that stuff is expensive just trying to warn people

Back
Top Bottom