WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN-kick your shoes off, drink some iced tea, RELAX!

I've been lurking on this, and sorry if I missed something. I've really enjoyed following along and hearing about what's been going on! It's quite hot for me as well, I'd love having some of your iced tea! Are there any other animals at your wonderful home? I've loved hearing about your house and your chickens!

I've been lurking on this, and sorry if I missed something. I've really enjoyed following along and hearing about what's been going on! It's quite hot for me as well, I'd love having some of your iced tea! Are there any other animals at your wonderful home? I've loved hearing about your house and your chickens!
Welcome to heaven! Pull up a chair and have a cold glass of tea. I'll tell a little more of my life here in heaven on earth.
No other animals at the moment. My partner bought, sold, raised baby calves for over 40 yrs-we sold last 2- 3 yrs ago. He's 84 now and not able to care for cows the way they should be cared for. We have wild pet squirrels that we feed and enjoy watching play in the yard. I had a cat-Tom-I will tell about him sometime, but not today. He died 7/28/20, almost a yr ago-and it still hurts. So only pets now are the flock.
I'm 60, married at 18, 4 kids (not goats) children. 3 girls 1 boy. 9 grandkids 7 girls 2 boys. My husband passed away in 2014. Then I found heaven and moved here. Boy were my kids upset at that. I own a house in town, built 1918 bought in 1983-currently rented to a wonderful man. Fast forward from 2014 to 2016.
Ouch-this hurts.
My son age 27 was killed in a job related accident. He was passenger in a 6 ton truck, driver lost control, truck rolled 6 times. Driver lifeflighted to Austin. Later, I learned he tested positive for narcotic pain meds and marijuana at hospital. He was never charged, not even a speeding ticket.police admitted they dropped the ball.
He has to live the rest of his life knowing he killed a man. That's enuff for now

Welcome to heaven! Pull up a chair and have a cold glass of tea. I'll tell a little more of my life here in heaven on earth.
No other animals at the moment. My partner bought, sold, raised baby calves for over 40 yrs-we sold last 2- 3 yrs ago. He's 84 now and not able to care for cows the way they should be cared for. We have wild pet squirrels that we feed and enjoy watching play in the yard. I had a cat-Tom-I will tell about him sometime, but not today. He died 7/28/20, almost a yr ago-and it still hurts. So only pets now are the flock.
I'm 60, married at 18, 4 kids (not goats) children. 3 girls 1 boy. 9 grandkids 7 girls 2 boys. My husband passed away in 2014. Then I found heaven and moved here. Boy were my kids upset at that. I own a house in town, built 1918 bought in 1983-currently rented to a wonderful man. Fast forward from 2014 to 2016.
Ouch-this hurts.
My son age 27 was killed in a job related accident. He was passenger in a 6 ton truck, driver lost control, truck rolled 6 times. Driver lifeflighted to Austin. Later, I learned he tested positive for narcotic pain meds and marijuana at hospital. He was never charged, not even a speeding ticket.police admitted they dropped the ball.
He has to live the rest of his life knowing he killed a man. That's enuff for now
I am so sorry you lost your son like this, it must be incredibly hard on you. :hugs

Thankfully our nights can get into the upper 40s low 50s in the summer.

I would imagine you will never heal over this. :hugs
My family is very negative in all conversations and attitudes. I realized this 25+ yrs ago and swore I would not be that way. Everyday I find something beautiful, the sky, a bird, baby calf eating breakfast, a flower-or just a green blade of grass. I stay positive.
Death is a part of life. I do not know of anyone that has gotten out of this world alive. I miss my son everyday, but I think of all the good times we had.
RIP JOHN WAYNE MATEJKA II
11/03/1987-7/26/2016.
yes that anniversary is coming up.
Enjoy your day-every day IS a gift.
Stay cool and drink plenty of iced tea. 1 gallon in fridge, so I need to make more :)

Back
Top Bottom