What did you do in the garden today?

My grandson helped me plant snow peas again! First planting got wiped out by rodents, not sure if moles voles or mice. Stepped up the rodent control so I sure hope that does it! At around $3 per seed pack it’s only worth it to plant so many times. That said it usually takes me at least 2 plantings to get a nice crop.

We're expanding our garden this year so I'm doing the painstaking task of removing sod today. Ive got my plants started in pots already but the garden needs tilled still. I'm gonna set up a kiddie pool in an area to kill some of the grass and remove the rest by hand. So far I've done an hours worth of work and have only removed about 8 square feet. It's gonna be a long day :th especially since I can onlh carry about 3 squares of sod in the wheelbarrow before it's too heavy for me. The soil is nice and wet from last night's rain storm so it comes up really easily. Taking hydration breaks of course!🚰
After another 2 hours or so in the garden taking out sod, the sun was beaming down on me and I gave up...for now. Later in the after noon I might resume. I dont have very much places left to put it all so I might just let that kiddie pool take care of the rest over the coarse of a couple of days. The garden last year was 10 x 10. This years expansion will make it 20 x 10. In all the work I put in today I got 2 rows of 5 feet long removed. The kiddie pool covers about 5 feet in diameter. I'll have some help later but I am very much leaning towards having the pool do the rest of the work for me.

Getting ready to go cut the grass and work on removing sod to expand my garden as well. @Ninja Squirrel I'm right there with you. Not nearly as young or strong as I used to be!! I will have to see if our wheel barrow is in working condition, I usually use the yard wagon but it is serving as a "greenhouse" at the moment.
Had to go out to pick up a refill of medication, Mom messaged me on my way with a couple of things she wanted. Was able to get her things but my medication is out of stock, Now I have to go back either tomorrow after 4 or the next day. I thought about stopping at Walmart for items on our list. One look at their packed parking lot changed my mind!! Okay, headed out to cut grass.

Getting ready to go cut the grass and work on removing sod to expand my garden as well. @Ninja Squirrel I'm right there with you. Not nearly as young or strong as I used to be!! I will have to see if our wheel barrow is in working condition, I usually use the yard wagon but it is serving as a "greenhouse" at the moment.
Had to go out to pick up a refill of medication, Mom messaged me on my way with a couple of things she wanted. Was able to get her things but my medication is out of stock, Now I have to go back either tomorrow after 4 or the next day. I thought about stopping at Walmart for items on our list. One look at their packed parking lot changed my mind!! Okay, headed out to cut grass.
You walk on it all day but you have no idea how heavy it is until you try to move it! I swear between walking the dog and back and forth with that wheelbarrow I've probably walked 2 miles today. My dog is passed out on the floor and I feel like joining her :lau

Moving dirt in garden beds... and it's not the beast quality but is what we have and I need this hill gone anyway to plant my potatoes and squash in this area. I'll amend the top few inches with compost and peat moss, which should help. The clay is getting broken up by my mattock action and then mixed into soil as I shovel. It's crumbling nicely at least, so it should drain well.
20200407_124618.jpg
20200407_124632.jpg

Also, does anybody know what this bug is? It was just over an inch long.
20200407_170921.jpg
20200407_170932.jpg

Attachments

• 20200407_124643.jpg
    20200407_124643.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
After another 2 hours or so in the garden taking out sod, the sun was beaming down on me and I gave up...for now. Later in the after noon I might resume. I dont have very much places left to put it all so I might just let that kiddie pool take care of the rest over the coarse of a couple of days. The garden last year was 10 x 10. This years expansion will make it 20 x 10. In all the work I put in today I got 2 rows of 5 feet long removed. The kiddie pool covers about 5 feet in diameter. I'll have some help later but I am very much leaning towards having the pool do the rest of the work for me.
87 degrees here today. I feel your beaming.

Back
Top Bottom