What to do with bazillions of apples????

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
I have access to as many free apples as I could possibly want. I have no clue what kind they are. I already got a bunch (yes, green) and have made tons of aplesauce which I canned and I am making spiced apple rings. I prefer green apples becasue everything turns out with a nice texture and a tartness I prefer. Now, since this is FREE FOOD (WOWWWW) I want to utilize it as much as possible. What else can I do with some of these???

Yeah, I thought about canning some for pie filling, I need to do that. I am wanting to put away as much food as I can before winter (yeah, that is where my special title comes from) because I spend so much in heat and driving then.

DEHYDRATE them for snacks
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Apple jelly or apple jam! With or without ginger added. If you have some underripe apples, you don't even need commercial pectin.

If you don't mind using Clearjel you can make apple pie filling and can it in pie-sized amounts for winter use.

Jealous of your apple glut
smile.png

Pat

Actually, MTtroutwithwings, I left the peel on and just cored them for my applesauce.....we like it that way.
smile.png
I also added cinnamon...the kids like it even though I despise cinnamon.
sickbyc.gif
I tolerate it for the kiddos.
smile.png
LOL...I see you noticed I already made applesauce.
smile.png
Can you dry them without a dehydrator?

OOOOHHHHH, I don't know why I didn't think of jelly and jam. I also need to make apple butter.....my mom would love to be gifted with some of that and she won't make it herself.
smile.png
Yeah, I feel pretty lucky. It is pretty cool to see the jars of food adding up and the bank account not going down because of it!!! LOL

Last edited:
MTtroutwithwings - You are so blessed to live where you do. I was just out there last week, and it's a gorgeous area.

Off-topic, I know. Sorry.
roll.png

Donate the extras to the local food pantry or senior center? Sell them at the roadside? Make apple butter or apples sauce to give at Christmas time in a gift basket? With cute, country labels, maybe.

Slice them and freeze for making apple pies during the holidays. Make some apple face dolls for Christmas gifts. Dried apple wreaths with cinnamon sticks for the holidays. Juice them and freeze the concentrate. Core them out and use them with cinnamon votives for a party or dinner. Chicken treats, deer treats, dog treats.

Back
Top Bottom