Wyandotte, Orpington, or Something Else?

No I don’t unfortunately. Mine was the only chicken I didn’t worry about, she was slow growning and last to lay. But she still has a tiny comb and waddles. I posted a picture, you know, any excuse to share our chickens 😂

Awesome! I hope yours is an australorp then. Enjoy your new new flock - and the original one too! I wish you all the best with them!

Attachments

• FEB07AEA-96E2-4096-A488-BD18BE8B745E.jpeg
    FEB07AEA-96E2-4096-A488-BD18BE8B745E.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 2
I can see similarities in the face, however, how old is this chick in this photo? Mine is all black on her back and wings aside from a few front wing feathers while her feet are more pink than yellow. But, I'm in no way a chicken expert that's why I'm here! Lol so thank you so much for your response!!!

Hmmm… her feet do look yellow in the picture but in real life they are pretty pale almost white. If her feathers come in all black and if they shine a beautiful green in the sun you’ll know for sure! Also, she will mostly likely be very docile! I love mine!
Australorps were the first breed I decided I wanted when researching chicken breeds before I got my first flock. But they didn't have any when I went. And this time for my second flock, they didn't mention having any! But who knows! In this case, I'm not sure if she would be a pullet or was possibly from a straight run brooder. Do you happen to know what to look for in cockerels?

Wyandottes are supposed to have rose combs, but the chick in the photo has a single comb.

Australorp seems like a good guess.

No I don’t unfortunately. Mine was the only chicken I didn’t worry about, she was slow growning and last to lay. But she still has a tiny comb and waddles. I posted a picture, you know, any excuse to share our chickens 😂

Awesome! I hope yours is an australorp then. Enjoy your new new flock - and the original one too! I wish you all the best with them!
Aww so cute! She's beautiful. Ahhh chickens just make my heart scream such joy 😂

Thank you! My first flock is Flock Ann as all their middle names are Anne while the new flock is Flock Marie haha. Here is a picture of a few of them lounging 🥰

Thank you for sharing your response and picture!

Attachments

• 20210924_120829.jpg
    20210924_120829.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210924_120918.jpg
    20210924_120918.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom