Color question

If it were me - at this time - with two possible scenarios (one parent is blue)(or both parents carried a lavender gene) - I'd be looking to hatch more eggs from that pairing! That way you'll see what other results you get - as comparisons :)
I have another egg in the bator pipped from the same hen though he has no laveneder in his line as for the maran she came from tsc so who knows

The rooster could carry lavender, since ameraucanas do have a common lavender variety, and it could be way back in his ancestry. However, I can’t see how a purebred BCM would carry lavender.
Im dealing with lavender splits for my wyandottes if laveneder was way back in the line it would fade out after years as both need to carry it to even get a 25%chance of a chick so i highly doubt its laveneder. Original breeder doesnt even breed lavender only bbs

You know.. I always find it about 50% exciting and 50% frustrating.. when you get an unexpected chick or color hehe.

There's that part of you that wants to "know" what your parent stock is and what your chicks are going to be, and it's not usually desirable to find that there are other genes at play to throw out unplanned for results.

But then there's that part of you that says.. "what the hey".. this is unexpected but actually really fun .. because now you are learning. You are really investigating your birds, their genes, the possibilities, and often that random chick turns out to be one we actually really love :)

You know.. I always find it about 50% exciting and 50% frustrating.. when you get an unexpected chick or color hehe.

There's that part of you that wants to "know" what your parent stock is and what your chicks are going to be, and it's not usually desirable to find that there are other genes at play to throw out unplanned for results.

But then there's that part of you that says.. "what the hey".. this is unexpected but actually really fun .. because now you are learning. You are really investigating your birds, their genes, the possibilities, and often that random chick turns out to be one we actually really love :)
Neither parent i know much background to as i deal with wyandottes and trying to make my own tolbunt color this breeding was just for olive eggers so i can add that color to my blown out egg collection lol

I actually think there black
FB_IMG_1631981228232.jpg
FB_IMG_1631981232480.jpg

Back
Top Bottom