Doggie pics, please

Ohhh like the merle gene? I was reading about that recently... that still seems bad to just do it immediately. They could wait and see if they are blind/deaf
sad.png

Actually, white boxers can be registered with the AKC, assuming the parents are AKC or other recognized kennel club registered. Having more than 1/3 white is simply a disqualifying fault. It's right there in the standard.

In general white(or mostly white) dogs are more likely to have hearing problems, because the pigment cells that form melanin are also involved in important parts of the inner ear. White dogs have hardly any pigment cells, so much higher chance of not developing normal hearing.

Double merle pups have similar problems, only much worse. They generally have eye/ear problems among other very serious health problems as a direct result of the merle-merle gene inheritance. Sometimes the pups are born with no eyes at all. Many die in utero, or as pups and never make it to adulthood. Those that do survive are usually blind and/or deaf. That is why it is considered ethical to breed two merle dogs together. Most responsible breeders breed merle to solid, so avoid problems.

This is Merlyn. He is around 5 years old and is an Aussie/Chow/Husky mix

merlyn2.jpg

And this is Isa, he is a 2 year old Siberian Husky...with too much energy!

isa_august.jpg

When he was a baby...

isa1.jpg

isalaydown.jpg

And with his brothers and sisters before we brought him home:

Photo2.jpg

have fun the with 2 year old husky
wink.png

We adopted ours at about 1 1/2 years old. Talk about terrible 2s! They lasted for years
smile.png

But ya gotta love them!

And I love the puppy pics!

I'm a little late on this one, but wanted to share my babies, too. I have been loving seeing everyone's dogs!

The livestock guardians, our 1 year old Maremmas, Reno and Tori

torireno1.jpg

Snoopy, our Bernese Mountain Dog at the hotel a couple weeks ago. He'll be a year old on May 13.

snoophotel.jpg

Here's a better shot of Snoopy on Easter at my IL's house.

snoopeaster.jpg

Kasey, our sheltie. She'll be 2 in June. She went trick or treating when we took the boys 2 years in a row, so she was in costume. We have her costume for next year already, too. The 2nd pic was taken this winter.

kaseytort.jpg

kasey.jpg

This is Chewie our four month old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (mixed with something unknown). We got him from a shelter at 9wks, covered in flea bites, lots of hair loss, and fungal/bacterial infection over his whole body. He is growing up into a very handsome boy though!

2008_0424chicks0002.jpg

My moose Lucky

100_3243.jpg

This guy also likes to be a lap dog but he is just too heavy. Very sweet and lovable. We saved him from the pund on his last day before they were going to put him down. Hence the name Lucky!!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom