Ducklings are getting so big / update & pics

carlyducks

Songster
Jan 27, 2018
These are my two ducklings, Paige and Ethel. They will be 5 weeks old on Monday already! Time flies.. They are getting closer and closer to being able to live outside.. :celebrate

Update on Ethel (runner) :
Ethel's legs had been shaking and trembling for about 2 weeks straight, she couldn't stand long and would just fall. They have gotten MUCH better and they look stronger each day. I think she just grew so fast and her legs needed to catch up. :ya

They are both doing phenomenal. Paige (Saxony) is sooo heavy and solid, she is going to be a big girl. She is very confident and is extremely quiet, she hardly ever peeps.. Ethel on the other hand, already has her quack and is very loud and talkative! She always has something to say and tells me about her day every night. She complains how lazy Paige is and how she wouldn't run around and play with her while I was gone.. (Paige is very lazy and loves to lay down, while Ethel loves to run and does not stand still) hehe. :wee

You girls are loved so much!

-P.S. Don't mind the guinea pig's pen in the background, the babies are living in their room until they move outside! They don't mind or bother each other at all.

IMG_0572.JPG IMG_0627.JPG IMG_0857.JPG IMG_0934.JPG IMG_0991.JPG

What are you feeding them? Is there food medicated??? If it is then the ducks are getting overly medicated and you should switch to a unmediated feed. Also are you giving them any form of niacin to make sure there legs are strong? If not you can buy a form of niacin call brewers yest off of amazon. BTW you are not behind in letting you ducks outside. Mine should have been out a month ago and we are slow at building a run for them. Good luck with you poopers!!! They are so cutie pies!!!

These are my two ducklings, Paige and Ethel. They will be 5 weeks old on Monday already! Time flies.. They are getting closer and closer to being able to live outside.. :celebrate

Ethel's legs had been shaking and trembling for about 2 weeks straight, she couldn't stand long and would just fall. They have gotten MUCH better and they look stronger each day. I think she just grew so fast and her legs needed to catch up. :ya

They are both doing phenomenal. Paige (Saxony) is sooo heavy and solid, she is going to be a big girl. She is very confident and is extremely quiet, she hardly ever peeps.. Ethel on the other hand, already has her quack and is very loud and talkative! She always has something to say and tells me about her day every night. She complains how lazy Paige is and how she wouldn't run around and play with her while I was gone.. (Paige is very lazy and loves to lay down, while Ethel loves to run and does not stand still) hehe. :wee

-P.S. Don't mind the guinea pig's pen in the background, the babies are living in their room until they move outside! They don't mind or bother each other at all.

View attachment 1413382 View attachment 1413383 View attachment 1413385 View attachment 1413386 View attachment 1413387
Love your cuties. Enjoyed your write up about their personalities.

:love

Back
Top Bottom