Hollybollybean

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2019
I finally signed up! After spending much time reading threads for information, helpful tips and generally enjoying the chicken chat I decided I needed to be a part of it! So hello everyone!
I’m from Dorset in the UK and our hens are free range in a large garden, along with 4 cats and 2 guineapigs.
Anyway never mind me, let me introduce my flock: I have 7 gorgeous bantams.. Sandy (Cochin) is in charge, and is a fair and nurturing leader (unless there are cake crumbs to be had... then and only then is it every hen for herself!), then there is her deputy Lucy (silver laced Wyandotte), then the two security guards of the garden (Belgium barbu d’uccle) Rosie and Hettie, then Lily (miniature white silkie), Dot (standard black silkie), and finally the hilarious one of the group: Tina (Poland frizzle cross) - named after Tina Turner because of her sensational feathered hairdo. We are soon adopting a lavender aurucana and a brown silkie, and have someone hatching 4 cuckoo maran bantam eggs for us. So we have a nice mixture and they all get on extremely well! They are purely family members and we would have them regardless of egg laying abilities. I love them dearly and am always looking for ways to make their lives even better. I also hope to get a page about chicken health up and running on Facebook in order to help novices with the basics.
Great to meet you all finally!
I’d love to hear from anyone but particularly from Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Bristol or anywhere in SW England. I’m new to the area and would love to know a few more hen-minded people!

I loved your intro. It's obvious you know your flock very well and appreciate all their roles and contributions. Most of my girls lay eggs, a few have "retired," but everyone is entitled to live out her life here.

Welcome to BYC. With that lovely flock, I'm sure you will not only learn but also have plenty to contribute to the conversations!

Welcome to our FUN-omenal community! :celebrate

Spring chick.jpeg

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

We have a contest going on right now just for new folks like you. In order to enter you'll need to copy the link from your first post in this thread and post it in the contest thread.

To copy your link address, right click on the link to your thread and click copy or copy link
2019-02-09_16-09-54-jpg.1671012
then click on the following URL
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...t-new-byc-members-win-a-byc-calendar.1287752/
Go down to where it says "write your reply..." tell us this is your entry and then click on the link button
2019-02-09_16-13-22-jpg.1671016

Paste your URL into the box and click "insert", then click "Post Reply".
2019-02-09_16-14-09-jpg.1671019

That's all there is to it. Once you've finished this, you're eligible to win a nice BYC Calendar.

Back
Top Bottom