@Marie2020 You will be happy to hear everyone (including Inky) was out free ranging while Ginger was grounded (since she hunted Inky as soon as she's out, she's fast when she wants to be).

Later, Inky insisted to go inside the house to lay her egg while Light was inside the house laying her egg... They had a bokbokbok competition and Light left the house. Sometimes Light would go back to the usual nest box, but this time, 10 minutes later Light went back to the deck door. Fortunately Inky was done with her business so she left the house.

Light was happy to be inside in her favorite nesting spot, but was pissed that Inky "destroyed" her nest (Inky makes really nice deep nest) 😂 .

Very quickly Light laid a very nice egg!

I have no chicken pictures right now and will post my lotus flower.
lotus220808.jpg

Last edited:
Thank goodness it's wet outside at long last.
It was still too stuffy through the night and early morning in my home and I'm wondering if it's not only this heat but the new installation they have pumped into the walls

Tax

View attachment 3225964
Well the insulation will do both things, keep heat or cold in and keep heat or cold out.

If you can get you place cooled down then you can keep the doors and windows closed during the day to keep the cool air in. And the hot air out!

I don’t envy those who don’t have air conditioning when it hot and humid 🥺

I even looked at getting a portable AC unit for the hen house! But it’s been a cooler than normal summer - so far- so didn’t bother with one. I keep the fan with the chickies now!

Back
Top Bottom