A Lot of Moxie in the Little Girl

Do not doubt Glynda's moxie. She started stalking Éowyn and in this very rough video, she chases Éowyn off. At least that's what she will tell you. Right before the video starts, Glynda had attacked Éowyn's bum. That is why Éowyn is turned facing her.

That Glynda is one tough lady to take on a 20+ lb cat!
Glynda atta watch where she’s running. She hit the water dish Kinda hard.

By submitting to the State Lab I open up the risk that she tests positive for AI and they come and destroy my remaining 3 birds.
I am agonizing about that.
I don't really believe she has AI - but it does look suspicious that I have lost 4 birds in the space of only a couple of weeks.
I think I have to know, so I will probably do this. But I am wavering.
You have to know!

I would enclose a note with some history of her, and the other gals illnesses.

Also explain about the feed colour and that you would like to ensure no mildew or other contamination.

:hit
Oh I am just gobsmacked cannot believe this 😥
I think what I will do is call the lab in the morning before driving down there - it is an hour's drive away and I have some commitments first thing but I can call before those start.
Hopefully I can get someone who can advise what to test for. And I will definitely include the feed.

By submitting to the State Lab I open up the risk that she tests positive for AI and they come and destroy my remaining 3 birds.
I am agonizing about that.
I don't really believe she has AI - but it does look suspicious that I have lost 4 birds in the space of only a couple of weeks.
I think I have to know, so I will probably do this. But I am wavering.
I am a very bad girl for asking this but can you hide them someplace secure?

I know, I know, bad advice - and if it is Avian Flu your others will likely get sick and also likely die.

But if it is something else, some contaminated feed, soil, etc, then you want to nip that in the bud.

I understand your hesitation completely 😢

Thank you. I have brought her in to my office where it is nice and cool but her breathing is not slowing down. I have checked for injuries (but I think I would have seen feathers if a hawk or fox had got to them while I wasn't there) and I have felt for an egg (nada).
Rather ghoulishly I am looking up how to submit her body for a necropsy at the state lab. I can't quite bring myself to print the submission form while she is still breathing.
I can't bear it - she is so tiny - I don't even have her in a dog cage - she is in something no bigger than a shoe-box. I do wonder if she was just too small to start laying and something went wrong in that department. Her anemia and liver wonkiness could be caused by pretty much anything.
I may not be meant to have chickens.
If this were a human and you stated anemia and liver issues I would ask about poisons.

Which brings me back to the weird feed.

Ok maybe a red herring but unless they were getting into some ant poison or some other herbicide or similar I just don’t know what to suggest.

I think what I will do is call the lab in the morning before driving down there - it is an hour's drive away and I have some commitments first thing but I can call before those start.
Hopefully I can get someone who can advise what to test for. And I will definitely include the feed.
Might want to do a plant survey also. Some plants can be toxic.

A Lot of Moxie in the Little Girl

Do not doubt Glynda's moxie. She started stalking Éowyn and in this very rough video, she chases Éowyn off. At least that's what she will tell you. Right before the video starts, Glynda had attacked Éowyn's bum. That is why Éowyn is turned facing her.

That Glynda is one tough lady to take on a 20+ lb cat!
Wow!

Saucy gal for sure!

This is why my cat is afraid of chickens….

I hate to say this but I think Lulu is dying.
She has been OK rather than great today but nothing alarming. In the last 30 mins she has really gone down hill.
I have brought her in to the cool - it is really hot out there - and have given her calcium (though I cannot feel a stuck egg).
She is breathing really fast so I am also trying to get her to take some electrolytes and sugar water.
It is too late for the vet’s iffice
This is not looking good.
Oh, no. It just can't happen...not again! :fl 🙏 :fl that she is okay. Is there an emergency Vet in your area? Would they even take chickens?

If, God forbid, she does pass, will you consider an autopsy? If I remember correctly, you do have access to a place that will do them, yes?

Im gonna try and be committed to being on for a consistent amount of time instead of being on and off all the time.
Chickens scream all day every day so the only break i get is at night time. Which, also happens to be when i go to bed sense im not nocturnal.

I promise to be on consistently because im missing all the good chicken drama on BYC! How is everyone?

Back
Top Bottom