Illegal for a wife to cut her hair without her husband's permission?? :th I'm assuming no-one takes any notice of that one!

I almost had an argument with a client over the length of my hair once. When I got married it was long but some time after I cut it quite short. He saw one of my wedding photos and wanted to know why I cut it off, seeing it was apparently part of men's enjoyment to look at women's long hair?!

Hair tax:
View attachment 3278002
I would assume so on the hair. Most of those weird laws are unknown unless you're looking for those. I would assume the crossing the state border with a duck on your head another that is never enforced (or tested either).... Wonder if it came about because of a hat style at one time.....
20220928_103812.jpg

Yes I have been.
1. There are lots of English speakers around. They are hospitable people very used to tourists.
2. US $ is exceptionally strong right now. It is a perfect time for US tourists.
3. Not sure if the issue.
And yes, lots of chickens. Well maybe not in Athens.
A little blast from my past. On our way back to Oz from the UK, we did a whirlwind tour of Europe. Here's a couple of photos in Athens, including a whole bunch of stray kittens that I wanted to bring back to Oz!

P1010112.JPG

P1010123.JPG

P1010134.JPG

P1010135.JPG

It’s legal to drop water and chicken feathers on the roads, but if you drop a cigarette butt, it’s considered littering the highway and can be charged $1000 US! I’m not making this stuff up. It’s still on the books. Crazy world we live in.
I'm not sure I understand why you think it's crazy ? A cigarette butt will take more than a year to decompose ?
I went to Greece when I was 18, so that was 27 years ago 😉. If you can, I think it's really worth it travelling, there's so much to see outside Athens.

Pony Sunday cheat : these were taken last Tuesday, running up the road. I'm trying to take up running again but hunting season has begun so I have to stay on roads or tracks, which I don't really enjoy 🙄.

See you, the rescued Arabian horse, and the mini donkey they got to keep him company. (I'm a bit worried that he hasn't taken on any weight or winter coat, I think they will have to bring him lower for winter when it gets cold.)
IMG_20220927_093118.jpg

IMG_20220927_093129.jpg

IMG_20220927_093222.jpg

My neighbor Amelia's cows. On the second picture you can see zooming on the left the single calf she had this year.
IMG_20220927_094803.jpg

IMG_20220927_094745.jpg

I'm not sure I understand why you think it's crazy ? A cigarette butt will take more than a year to decompose ?
I went to Greece when I was 18, so that was 27 years ago 😉. If you can, I think it's really worth it travelling, there's so much to see outside Athens.

Pony Sunday cheat : these were taken last Tuesday, running up the road. I'm trying to take up running again but hunting season has begun so I have to stay on roads or tracks, which I don't really enjoy 🙄.

See you, the rescued Arabian horse, and the mini donkey they got to keep him company. (I'm a bit worried that he hasn't taken on any weight or winter coat, I think they will have to bring him lower for winter when it gets cold.)
View attachment 3278067
View attachment 3278068
View attachment 3278069
My neighbor Amelia's cows. On the second picture you can see zooming on the left the single calf she had this year.
View attachment 3278071
View attachment 3278072
142BDA20-BBD3-45BD-ABC8-A44721303085.jpeg She’s all I got. Horse Chaco

It’s legal to drop water and chicken feathers on the roads, but if you drop a cigarette butt, it’s considered littering the highway and can be charged $1000 US! I’m not making this stuff up. It’s still on the books. Crazy world we live in.
That sounds like a reasonable law to me. Chicken feathers will decompose in their own.

Back
Top Bottom