@Ponypoor, until you asked I didn't think to try and find out. But lo and behold I found this on the internet.

View attachment 3278203

It is described as: Guard with sword on horseback at palace entrance Addis Ababa 1960s Ethiopia
So it looks like I got it right!
I also looked it up, and from the flag on your photo held by the second horseman it could only have been Ghana or Ethiopia.
Amazing landscape 😊

Yea the Arab is very light in weight, he needs more grain/horse feed. Then again they are usually very light horses and tend to be on the slender side. A waterproof blanket would help - with a bit of light warm fill to keep him warm.
It's not really cold now, and she does put a blanket on him at night. But I don't think they're giving him grain, just hay. I haven't seen them in ages, I will try to see them to ask her. He didn't even get a grass belly poor thing!

Thank you - I thought the white 'war horses' looked rather splendid!
I believe it is Ethiopia and I believe in the late '60s or early '70s. My Dad took the picture - in 1974 there was a military dictatorship in place and I don't think he would have gone in that period.
I was not with him, though I did go with him on many of his various Africa visits, just not to Ethiopia.
That would be a wonderful experience for you!

They're doing okay. Grandma is starting to lose her feathers even though she isn't really... um... Naked yet. Time to go back to the molting thread! How are your chickens doing?
Dorothy is going through a heavy molt. But she is doing better now they are growing in! Everyone else is good ❤️

I also looked it up, and from the flag on your photo held by the second horseman it could only have been Ghana or Ethiopia.

It's not really cold now, and she does put a blanket on him at night. But I don't think they're giving him grain, just hay. I haven't seen them in ages, I will try to see them to ask her. He didn't even get a grass belly poor thing!
Just needs more calories.

Other than that he looks good 😊

@Ponypoor, until you asked I didn't think to try and find out. But lo and behold I found this on the internet.

View attachment 3278203

It is described as: Guard with sword on horseback at palace entrance Addis Ababa 1960s Ethiopia
So it looks like I got it right!
Very interesting! Ever notice all these splendid places that have such wonderful cultural history also have such hardships 😟

Back
Top Bottom