View attachment 3332930

Dear Aurora-

I am struggling with getting all the pullets and the ridiculous rooster to do exactly as I wish at all times. They are just not consistently bowing to my wishes as I would like.
I have a muff and ruff just like you and therefore I know I should be in charge as none of the other pullets have anything like this. Your Iron beak rule is proof enough for me. If you have any advice for me I am all ears!

Thank you in advance-
Peanut Butter (self-appointed Queen Regent, in training of the Hollow Rd Coop)
This girl is freaking adorable! Those cheeks! That posture! OMG, melt my heart!

Last edited:
Thank you! She rested most of the day, but did decide to get up and do some chickeny things here at the end of the day. Now she is eating a bunch of shredded zucchini. Maybe she needs the manganese. I’m so happy to see her foraging and actually seeming a bit excited about the zucchini. She even chased off some of the junior hens.

Its good to see her doing so well! I am happy for you both :) She is a beautiful hen I love the variegated colors that overlap one another in her feathers, beautiful 🧡

Gl
Hi, folks. Lucky is still with us today. She is moving slowly and is having a bit of a rough day, but not nearly as rough as some of the days Ruby had after she was drained. I can’t tell if she’s having a rough time because of the draining or because of whatever condition is causing the ascites and slow crop to begin with.

I sincerely hope she doesn’t have an intestinal blockage from cancer like Ruby and Ester had. She does seem to be hungry and is picking at the baby bird formula, which I mixed with electrolytes. I saw her drink some water on her own, as well.

Most importantly, it’s an absolutely beautiful, perfect day here in California. It’s warm but not hot. Not cold at all. It’s sunny and not very breezy. And Lucky is surrounded by her friends. Here is Buttercup being a good friend, sitting up close next to her while the other girls are dust bathing.

View attachment 3332894

After a little while, Lucky moved over here, and her tribe followed. I love these girls so much.

View attachment 3332904
Glad she is moving about a bit. It’s lovely that her friends stick close 🥰

Good night all
The kiddos are shaking things up again tonight. I count 12 not sure were Buttercup has been roosting!

Screenshot_20221125-200050.jpeg

View attachment 3332930

Dear Aurora-

I am struggling with getting all the pullets and the ridiculous rooster to do exactly as I wish at all times. They are just not consistently bowing to my wishes as I would like.
I have a muff and ruff just like you and therefore I know I should be in charge as none of the other pullets have anything like this. Your Iron beak rule is proof enough for me. If you have any advice for me I am all ears!

Thank you in advance-
Peanut Butter (self-appointed Queen Regent, in training of the Hollow Rd Coop)
Wow she’s a beauty! Love the whiskers 😁

Back
Top Bottom