I thought she had pretty red comb and wattles already a month ago - if anything they are a bit paler now.
I hope she is OK.

View attachment 3333379View attachment 3333380
Shorter daylight hours I bet are at play! My egg count has dropped to just 2 a day... those silkies are awesome hahaha. They lay almost every day when they aren't broody!

Bernie has such a cute face :) do you call her Bernie for short? Bernadette (aw darn now I have that song in my head hahaha!).

:)

You should submit one of these photos for POW (not sure which one - maybe the second one?) Lovely capture of her face/head. her eyes seem very expressive in these.:love:love

I actually think I like the first shot better of her head, but the second shot better because she stands out more as the background is a bit out of focus...so it draws you to her more..🤷‍♀️
Agreed - the first one is awesome - she is so cute :)

She is so pretty!!! She is quite red in these pictures hummm. I have no experience in these matters to diagnose anything however I do recall a very old post in this thread from Shadrach when he lived in Spain. He had a hen who never did lay any eggs and lived for many many years so it seems quite possible that even if she never lays a single egg she could live a very long and happy life. :)
That would be fine by me!

You should submit one of these photos for POW (not sure which one - maybe the second one?) Lovely capture of her face/head. her eyes seem very expressive in these.:love:love

I actually think I like the first shot better of her head, but the second shot better because she stands out more as the background is a bit out of focus...so it draws you to her more..🤷‍♀️
And that in a nutshell is why I have THOUSANDS of pictures of my chickens!

I do have spot picked out where I think they will go. I have few options circulating in my head on what I want to use though. Which is why the installation delay has occurred. A modified egg crate or a modified plastic tub seem like solid options that are easily cleaned. I just need to pick already!! 😂
Yes, this would be me, if it’s not been tested in place you can’t know really what you might need to do to fit it and what access for you and them is like, and you might change it out entirely for something else. Others have suggested ceramic eggs or golf balls, I agree, it will give them the clue what the space is for, no idea how they know but it works.

A lucky sunlit picture of my sweet little girl Esmae hanging with the chickens.
7069701B-4E6D-4C91-9286-BC3B6316C204.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom