The one thing I find interesting is that she pulls/pecks at them to get them off the roost - and seems to chase them out of the coop... it's like a territorial thing. What would happen if you put the others in with the youngsters? And left her on her own in the coop... ?
I must say I have never seen anything like it.
It goes beyond the ‘get out of my spot’ sort of thing that seems common.
It also seems to go beyond deep personal animosity which seems to happen though less commonly.
She is a strange lady for sure!

Woohoo it's Wednesday! I have a pot of coffee made anxiously awaiting to read the new edition of Ask Aurora. After last nights roosting drama you know her response today will be salty.
I imagine she is quite upset with my Diana who has totally ignored her advice and just lets Bernie take the best spot with only a token couple of pecks on the head.

So I'm really up waiting on my egg lady to come pick up 4 dozen eggs. After today I sort of go in isolation. Surgery is this Monday. I wont know what time until sometime Friday when the hospital calls. The next few days should be fun. At the dr appointment she put me on myfembre to stop the hormone production. She gave me samples instead of writing a prescription. It took a week but it finally did what it was supposed to do and after the first week only had a few hot flashes. Mood swings....there have been plenty. I took the last pill yesterday. I had called and was told to come in to get another weeks worth of samples from a nurse, go there yesterday, they are out. They decided it would be ok to go off of them until the surgery. I hope not but I fear the excessive bleeding and pain will return in a day or two. Yes the meds are a little rough with hot flashes and mood swings, but, it was worth it for 3 weeks of almost feeling normal for a change.

So I'm really up waiting on my egg lady to come pick up 4 dozen eggs. After today I sort of go in isolation. Surgery is this Monday. I wont know what time until sometime Friday when the hospital calls. The next few days should be fun. At the dr appointment she put me on myfembre to stop the hormone production. She gave me samples instead of writing a prescription. It took a week but it finally did what it was supposed to do and after the first week only had a few hot flashes. Mood swings....there have been plenty. I took the last pill yesterday. I had called and was told to come in to get another weeks worth of samples from a nurse, go there yesterday, they are out. They decided it would be ok to go off of them until the surgery. I hope not but I fear the excessive bleeding and pain will return in a day or two. Yes the meds are a little rough with hot flashes and mood swings, but, it was worth it for 3 weeks of almost feeling normal for a change.
I hope your going to be ok and sugery goes well. Heres to the hot flashes and mood swings.

Ugh. So miserable. Keep your eye on the prize - you will feel so much better when it is all done with.

Back
Top Bottom