For all you fans of the big cat

20221231_130027.jpg

BBQ and Splotch jump so high for a worm! Half the time they get my finger and then I regret my life choices... Sharp little beaks! Bolt can't really jump... she is to fat 😅🤣
Yep - my friends have peacocks I made the
Mistake the other day of feeding them and got my finger snipped by a very sharp beak!

If you do try it, make the base wide and big.

Note that there is a roost behind the swing. I notice that they like to jump to the swing from that roost. All in all, they are not on the swing very often, but I do see that they enjoy it every so often and I really enjoying watching them.
Good to know!

Caturday
There are chickens in that bush Enzo.

View attachment 3362942

Hi Enzo 😊 you are a handsome Ladd!
She spent 2 full days in the warm weather on the eggs. First thing this morning I took out some leftover chicken and rice and dumped it out. Momma Hen came flying off that nest and stuffed herself before anyone else was allowed to get close. After she ate all she wanted she went and had a good dust bath and picked a fight with one of the cochins before returning to the eggs. All flurry wanted to do was join her in the dust bathing poor girl.
oh she is determined isn’t she! Well hope she can hatch out the chicks 😊

Goose turned 5 months old today. It is a overcast rainy morning. Goose is eating and I notice it. Her comb is starting to color up. I promise you 2 days ago when she attacked the dog she had no real color to her comb. Very soon going to have to go on first egg watch from that girl.
That’s really great! Maybe chasing the dog got her hormones all riled up hahaha 😊

I don't think you should feel guilty about this. I honestly don't see how you or anyone could have guessed it would happen, since you never were in that situation of having so many roosting in the Cluckle hut at the same time in such weather.
My personal feeling is that now Glynda has had frost bite she will be much more sensitive and prone to it in the next weeks. She needs to be more protected for a while. So I would just lock them in the big coop which has worked in worse temperatures , and aim to fix both drafts and ventilation in the Cluckle hut for next winter, or at least wait at least two months once you can see how her comb has evolved. Because if you try something in the Cluckle hut and it's not sufficient she will be more fragile just now.
I'm leaning towards locking the them in the main coop if this happens again right now. I am also considering a second heat panel for the roosts in the Cluckle Hut as an addition as well just to be safe with normal temps.

I have a specific question regarding vitamin supplement. I would really appreciate if you have some opinion on this, or just if you can correct any language mistakes so my post is understandable before I put it in the emergency/ disease forum. Thank you so much 💚.

I've been wanting to give vitamin supplement for Blanche, my hen that has been attacked by a hawk. The one I usually get takes ten days to order online so I asked my partner to buy one at the pet shop. The supplement he brought back is meant for birds, not poultry, to be taken post anticoccidial treatment. It seems to me that the amounts of vitamins are incredibly higher that in my usual supplement, but recommended dosage is the same : a spoon in a liter of water.
Do you think I can give this, maybe with a more diluted dosage, or should I just order my usual stuff and wait ten days ?
Here are the labels (UI and IE =french and German initials for the same pharmacology international unit).
First label is my usual poultry vitamin.
View attachment 3362759
Second label is what my partner bought.
View attachment 3362760
Tax : Lea says reading labels gives her headaches.
View attachment 3362761
In general you cannot over vitamin. Extra is just excreted. Go ahead and over vitamin them

Back
Top Bottom