Sheesh! ok here goes - the TAX

Curly, and Stanley and Roxanne - my two originals - I have a broken heart that I caused their demise - hard lessons to learn sometimes.

A Fox killed them both one evening - I hadn't brought them inside before I went up to the house - this is why I never let my gang run loose without me watching now. Too much heartache.

DSCN0301.JPG

Curly, and Stanley and Roxanne - my two originals - I have a broken heart that I caused their demise - hard lessons to learn sometimes.

A Fox killed them both one evening - I hadn't brought them inside before I went up to the house - this is why I never let my gang run loose without me watching now. Too much heartache.

View attachment 3391994
Such a lovely photo - I am so glad I enforced the tax rules on you.
So sorry how you lost them - I know exactly how you feel, that is how I lost Scary (Maggie's sister). I have never really forgiven myself.
It was how I came to join this thread 3 years ago.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-22066109

Hugs for both of us. :hugs :hugs

View attachment 3391994
Love emoji for :hugs

I have had a lot of fun over the holiday reading all 328 pages of this thread and hope you don't mind me joining in. Thank you all for such a lovely thread - I have laughed and cried at all the ups and downs of Bob's chicken family and appreciate this group for its wisdom and humor, and for being such nice chicken-people. Sadly, as I got to page 326, a tragedy of my own struck. Through the window I saw a big fox heading towards the chicken coop. I rushed outside to scare it away I can't have been more than 2 mins behind the fox, but now one of my lovely family of four is gone. Shortly after, a neighbor came by to say he just saw a fox run by with a chicken in its mouth. It is dark so I can't even tell if it is Maggie or Scary that is gone. I also cannot figure out how the fox got into the run or the chicken got out. I am so sad, I feel like I let her down. I was going to introduce myself and my flock of 4 (now 3) but right now I am too sad.
Oh no I am so sorry 😢 :hugs

Such hard lessons to learn 🥺

I finally did it. I hired a personal assistant to monitor the progress of projects that I have been working on. . My personal health is in need of some attention. And the only way to keep up with everything, (and to keep doctors appointments), is to delegate. :highfive:
Tax: View attachment 3391852
Glad you took this step. Hope this helps you focus on your physical and mental wellbeing for awhile.

Well I am late to the party, @TX Chick Noob I hope that as I read forward, that all went well AND you got your pain med issues straightened out!:fl:hugs:fl:hugs

What a wonderful photo of your girl!! Lovely capture of her face- gorgeous comb, great composition, lovely lady! 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰
Made it home. They say surgery went well. Have a metal plate on one bone and screws in both of them. Have a nerve block pump for three days to help control pain. Doctor also sent prescription for pain meds to a different pharmacy where they charged less than $5 without going through insurance. And I have a calf wrap that inflates to go on my other leg for several days to prevent blood clots. It is much smaller than ones I have had in hospital in the past, rechargeable and no tubes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom