I took this video 3 days ago and just uploaded it. I need to get some new ones as they are growing. @Ponypoor Chiquita told me to tell you to let Marty see this. She will be broody in 2 days she claims.
Oh they are super cute :)

I am waiting to hear from the hatchery in Manitoba to see if they will have any of those Pavloskaya chicks. Or any Legbars...

When your home, turn one of the stalls into a second coop. breeding the line, you'd have to keep them separate to ensure pure lineage, but at those prices, you could raise and sell older birds too. You'd likely have to get into shows to get your name out
hahaha you're funny :)

I used to show Rabbits and Cavy (guinea pigs), had a respectable line of Rex and Netherland Dwarfs. It's a lot of work showing animals!

hahaha you're funny :)

I used to show Rabbits and Cavy (guinea pigs), had a respectable line of Rex and Netherland Dwarfs. It's a lot of work showing animals!
It sure is a lot of work! 293BE0B4-F553-4544-B76F-5F35C5CF14E4.jpeg

Thing got a trim today. I'd like to trim more but she got enough to really get squirmy so I took her back outside and set her on one of the boulders. Her toes need some filing down.
20230201_090522.jpg
She hopped down and did some exploring. Then Whiskey came over to supervise. He did a bit of herding, and stayed close. Pippa came over as did Twirp, who's now shedding breast feathers. When the shivers started, I brought Thing back to the coop to warm up. I want to do some more trimming, but it can wait another week or 2.
20230201_090937.jpg
20230201_091052.jpg

Chiquita looks sooooo content! And the chatty chicks! Are they getting to venture forth with mama and Papa Branch yet?
Like last time Chiquita is not wanting to leave the coop with them just yet. I think when Goose was a baby she was not ready to venture out of the coop with her babies until they were about 8 or 9 days old. I wish all my hens were that way. Instead the rest of my girls insist they have them smack in the middle of the horse stalls as soon as they leave the nest. Well, no I take that back, Raven is different, she takes a section of the back yard near the hay pile that she dares anyone to cross into. I'm happy she is not wanting to leave the coop, Temps dropped and there is snow on the ground. In the coop it is a good 10 degree's warmer and there is no wind to chill the chicks. They have met Branch and he loves them. If he spots me walking in the direction of the coop he is now right behind me ready to go visit.

Thing got a trim today. I'd like to trim more but she got enough to really get squirmy so I took her back outside and set her on one of the boulders. Her toes need some filing down.
View attachment 3392575She hopped down and did some exploring. Then Whiskey came over to supervise. He did a bit of herding, and stayed close. Pippa came over as did Twirp, who's now shedding breast feathers. When the shivers started, I brought Thing back to the coop to warm up. I want to do some more trimming, but it can wait another week or 2. View attachment 3392563View attachment 3392573
Now is Whisky a Hamburg? And is the whole of the top of his comb now black?

I hate winter - can't stand the cold or snow...

Back
Top Bottom