Actually, I can imagine someone getting offended. Humor can be dangerous and people can easily take things the wrong way.

Thankfully cooler heads prevailed.
Im one of those people that doesn't get offended at jokes. If I do ever get offended I will politely and calmly let you know. That being said I think we know each other enough to know the limits.

Hold on - I thought she was being deposited on my doorstep. I check faithfully every day!
Not sure anyone would want her if you heard the sounds coming from that tiny body tonight. I am trying to teach all 5 of the girls to roost in the coop. It is going slowly so I have to wait until the edge of dark and collect them all and put them on the roost. The only chick that did not growl like they were possesed by a demon was Ducky. Not only were they growling they completed the trip with hackles flared trying to scare me. That being said, if you really wanted her let me know. I would give you and then Ponypoor first options. After that, I'm keeping miss attitude.

Run improvements:
Rand boards along the bottom to more firmly brace the predator skirting. Added hardware cloth and sand bags to the newly installed predator skirt on the wall inside the shed that makes up one of the walls of the run. This is is the wall that had the hole they got out through. Quick crete and river rock was put into the hole itself and allowed to harden. They were super glad to be outside this afternoon. Oreo did not attack me today when I went into the coop to get the eggs.
Good work! 👍

I am sure that I will never find it again but I read a legit article about how 'cage free' was actually worse for hen welfare than cages.
Cage free sounds like they are outside - but actually they are just all stuffed in a huge concrete floored barn so they are very over-crowded and cannot escape the pecking from their neighbors.
Equally 'free range' is a misleading label because that means that there are openings in the big concrete-floored barn so that the chickens nearest the opening can get outside for a few hours - but there are so many chickens in the barn that very few of them ever make it to the opening.
The only reliable label is 'Certified Humane' because that is independently verified by an organization who focuses on hen welfare.
I think it was National Geographic where I read it.

Haven't found the original article but came across this on free range:
https://www.greenerchoices.org/free-range/#:~:text=Chicken and eggs labeled “free,of 120 days per year.
I read that too, about cage-free and free range. Too many hens in one place, the hens all crowded with nowhere to run, on one level and can’t see their way to the outside, if there is an outside.

I found these eggs and have no idea about them, it has a label on the upper left “Certified Humane” but with no attribution. Hopefully this is what you mean? Seems to be improvement, even if it is incremental. The picture there looks so misleading, it’s not possible the chickens could have fresh grass in a commercial farm.
PXL_20230204_232554363~2.jpg

The side has this:
PXL_20230204_232616588.jpg

Butters I think. Giving those eggs the side-eye.
DA6062DB-F725-4B92-ACEE-A0791689CA46.jpeg

I read that too, about cage-free and free range. Too many hens in one place, the hens all crowded with nowhere to run, on one level and can’t see their way to the outside, if there is an outside.

I found these eggs and have no idea about them, it has a label on the upper left “Certified Humane” but with no attribution. Hopefully this is what you mean? Seems to be improvement, even if it is incremental. The picture there looks so misleading, it’s not possible the chickens could have fresh grass in a commercial farm.
View attachment 3395847

The side has this:
View attachment 3395846

View attachment 3395859
I love it when my chickens give the side-eye.

View attachment 3395847

The side has this:
View attachment 3395846

View attachment 3395859
What kind of chicken is that

Not sure anyone would want her if you heard the sounds coming from that tiny body tonight. I am trying to teach all 5 of the girls to roost in the coop. It is going slowly so I have to wait until the edge of dark and collect them all and put them on the roost. The only chick that did not growl like they were possesed by a demon was Ducky. Not only were they growling they completed the trip with hackles flared trying to scare me. That being said, if you really wanted her let me know. I would give you and then Ponypoor first options. After that, I'm keeping miss attitude.
Awwww - of course you should keep her - I was just kidding.

Im one of those people that doesn't get offended at jokes. If I do ever get offended I will politely and calmly let you know. That being said I think we know each other enough to know the limits.
You just never really know. With some people what is ok one day is not the next.

Back
Top Bottom