Flash, awwwwww!
Took her in the house to clean her bum and treat the scratch on her comb, and then she bit me.
Pecking my mustache so gently as grooming, but then zooming in she bit me.
She took careful aim, right at my lips and then she bit me.
Maybe she will bite every one of us!
Aawwwwww
hahahaha

Well I am betting she was trying to figure out what your mouth was - after all no beak!

Leghorns fly. And fly well. I do wonder if Chiquita will teach them to fly or not? Sydney taught hers to fly right in front of me as soon as they had wings. She showed them how to fly into a tree.
Well mine had no one to show them how to fly - they just did it all on their own! And let me tell you what a shock that was - after my wee silkies who didn't fly anywhere hahaha!

You can take the girl outta Newfoundland, but you can never take the Newfie Spirits out of the Girl… 😂
Boats big boats.... :)

Tax

few days old and they are already digging and eating worms!
DSCN0332.JPG

Just helping with camp food costs… have you seen the price of eggs? These little fluff balls are like tiny golden geese… really! 😉
Well no baby chicks there BUT I did check out the brooder plates, which were really too big - I might get a small one off Amazon (same brand just a smaller one).

They also had these awesome big bags of soldier fly larva! I bought a bag - and next week I think I will buy another!

Getting them from the US is not in consideration, or maybe not possible, right? I came across a place in Vermont that carries a lot of threatened /conservancy/rare breeds. They have Pavalovskaya among other interesting chickens and you can buy them older if autosexing is not in that breed.
https://www.sugar-feather.com/about-sugar-feather-farm/
I can get day-old chicks for sure (I checked McMurrays), but don't know about older pullets. I did check out Sugar Feather.

On my LONG drive home today I was thinking I would investigate places in the US along my 'route home' - If I can't get what I want then maybe I can find a place along the US route - the only issue is that I would need a Veterinary certificate, and not sure how long that would take... But I have time to find out!

Also to see if I can bring home older pullets...

Boy, I didn't know you ate that many in a week! Do you stir fry them, or eat them like popcorn or chips:pop? 🤷‍♀️ :lau
They stink like crazy! I know that! I brought them inside my well-site, I didn't want them in my truck incase of bears hahaha! Grizzlies can tear the door off the truck!

Back
Top Bottom