She was a lovely looking lady. I am sorry you lost her so young, but I imagine finding her remains gives you some degree of comfort.
:hugs

Oh no - so sad and so sorry to hear this. I swear having pets and kids you have to have nerves of steel - but we love them anyways.

I am sending hugs your way, if I ever hatch eggs from Buttercup (her twin here) I will name the pullet (for I am sure it would be a pullet), Powder 💕

I am so heartbroken for you. Im glad shes not out there by herself and can be laid to rest. 🖤

Sorry to hear about the loss. At least we can put her to rest now. It makes us crazy when we don’t know what happened to our pets. Rest now little Powder.
Thank you all so very much. I have two other moss eggers of her line maybe someday a broody girl will hatch a few in her memory. :hugs

Night before last, everybody together in the roosting area. No idea why!
View attachment 3398892
I get a kick out of how my gaggle of giggly girls (and Mr P) do not want to snuggle on the roost - but try to all cram in together on top of the nest boxes.

I think I will just put in shelves that everyone can sleep on rather than the roosts. Make everyone happy - if that is at all possible!

snuggle.JPG

Nope - just cooked up some beef stir fry from some Beef I got at Walmart, tough as old boot leather also - you just cannot get good cuts of meat up here! It's Alberta! the meat should be outstanding!

Not still standing in the field like an old steer! sheesh! they called this stir-fry beef - but it should have actually been listed as Stewing Beef.... if it was left in a pot for 1/2 a day to simmer it would probably not be too bad, but NOT as a stir fry - I should have brought a good steak and cut it up myself - and not from walmart (sorry but walmart has crappy meat cuts - much prefer Sobeys or Metro).

This is one thing I miss from back home - really good grocery stores with good produce. Cannot get good veggies and good tropical fruits - it's always hit and miss.

OK well I also cooked Rice-a-roni (the San Francisco treat - ok jingle has been around a while here in Canada)...

More food tax...

One cranky hen, for one cranky human
Poor Dorothy :)

View attachment 3398905

Likely getting cabin fever way up here with no good food... might need to take some time and drive into Grande Prairie for a bigger shopping centre... Edmonton is too far.
Well, what were able to make does sound better then the lunch they served by a mile. Yes, I think you definitely should take the trip when your able. A bit of a road trip with delicious food as the reward sounds like a win win. Just throw on a great audiobook for the trip and you’ll be there before you know it!

Yes you're right!
I had a Kit and Kat, I sold them a few days after the October boys left. I hated to do it but I just could not keep any more boys. Momma hens 4 are almost 4 weeks old now. I have a suspicion on their genders. I will not say out loud what I think it is. I will say this and let you all guess. I think I have a ratio of 3 of one gender and 1 of the other gender.

Well, what were able to make does sound better then the lunch they served by a mile. Yes, I think you definitely should take the trip when your able. A bit of a road trip with delicious food as the reward sounds like a win win. Just throw on a great audiobook for the trip and you’ll be there before you know it!
The trouble with Northern Anywhere Canada is that it costs HUGE amts to get anything up here, so they tend to bring up the crappy stuff. No one up here in the north knows what a GOOD banana is! And a mango??!! they think they should be green and no flavour.

Then there is the problem with keeping stuff from getting frosted (said bananas...), and it's just really hard. Even in places like Calgary and Edmonton - you are hard pressed to get good veggies: Brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, even carrots and potatoes! everything has to be shipped in from other locations. Where as I live in a green belt area that grows all that stuff fresh - heck I live in potato country! 1000's of acres of potatoes! I am completely and utterly spoilt rotten for anything else! I could never live out here full time, I am so used to having everything at my fingertips, and close to everything. I can even get into the US in about 3 hrs!

Sheesh in 3 hrs I can only get to Peace River here hahahahaha!

Oh I am a whiny thing tonight :)

OK more tax then I am going to do some dishes, and dump some poor old steer down the garbage. boohoo - I HATE wasting food - I abhor it but I also wont force my self to eat something I don't like. Such a dilemma.

I will have a slice of my homemade bread toasted and go to bed I guess (the Satellite TV is also messed up, sheesh! can't catch a break!)

Tax to soothe the savage beast:
Babies ❤️
IMG_20211015_083014.jpg

Chiquita was angry with me today. Between the dr, running back to the pharmacy to get her meds and just keeping checks on Rosie they did not get out of the coop. She will get over it. After her attack on Louis I am not ready to just open the door and walk away for a few hours.
Oh I agree with you! Poor Louis!

Rosie any better?

Back
Top Bottom