Monday Mugs

A bit late, but had some work to catch up on, and then the phone needed to be recharged.

Anyways here are my kiddos freshly photographed tonight.

Blanche (doesn't she look like she wants to peck me in the eye for waking her? haha)
View attachment 3430732

Dorothy
View attachment 3430733

Henny Penny my little Ptarmigan
View attachment 3430734

Misty
View attachment 3430735

And Mr Big Stuff himself - Mr P
View attachment 3430736
.... somewhere under those feathers is a mug!
The first photo reminds me of someone...
IMG_1850.jpg

Well, Moxie? What say you? Will you spend the night with Blanche, Henny Penny and the marvelous Mr. P? You think Mr. P will bite you? Oh, don't say that. Mr. P is loving in spirit. Now, do you want to spend $264 on a plane ticket to fly for 5 1/2 hours or are you willing to spend 38 hours in the car? Because of us being busy packing for our vacation to CT, I cannot stay with you and I'm not willing to spend 38 hours driving, however planes don't allow poultry so get your backpack, start packing and head to the car because Mr. P is waiting for us. He does not like to be waited. You'll only spend the night there because we are busy. I'd love 4 days but I'm sorry. I don't want Kelly to be driving 38 hours back to our area only to notice our vehicle is not in the garage, dedicating the fact that we are not home and will not be 'til Saturday. She has work to do. Oh, if only you could fly...

Yes! this is so relatable. I avoid anything that could cause a sick hazard and anyone with a cough or any other symptoms, yet i seem to be getting it the most. I don’t get it.
I am dreading seeing my cousin and her brood, poor kiddies! But they give me everything they catch.

I want to be like my chickies and horses - I want to be a closed herd :)
Nothing comes on the property or off the property hahaha!

Having said that, I know that even my horses get sick every now and again, my blacksmith carries stuff with her from barn to barn - my neighbour's horse has Strangles there last month - and her horses don't go anywhere! We figure it was the blacksmith carried it to her place from another barn.

This is why I am soooooo paranoid with the chickens and this Avian Flu. I am even leery about seeing the chooks where I keep the horses, they have a nice big flock and many Silkies too. But I just don't go see them, too worried about my kids getting something - and who knows maybe somehow mine might give them something.

View attachment 3430823
Well, Moxie? What say you? Will you spend the night with Blanche, Henny Penny and the marvelous Mr. P? You think Mr. P will bite you? Oh, don't say that. Mr. P is loving in spirit. Now, do you want to spend $264 on a plane ticket to fly for 5 1/2 hours or are you willing to spend 38 hours in the car? Because of us being busy packing for our vacation to CT, I cannot stay with you and I'm not willing to spend 38 hours driving, however planes don't allow poultry so get your backpack, start packing and head to the car because Mr. P is waiting for us. He does not like to be waited. You'll only spend the night there because we are busy. I'd love 4 days but I'm sorry. I don't want Kelly to be driving 38 hours back to our area only to notice our vehicle is not in the garage, dedicating the fact that we are not home and will not be 'til Saturday. She has work to do. Oh, if only you could fly...
Trust me I am NOT DRIVING anywhere (other than to see my horses) anytime soon!!! hahaha

But If she want's to catch a flight up I will send a cab to pick her up :lau

....of course she could just be sitting in there because it's a bit chilly and she is taking her time to lay an egg! We shall see what she does.

How long can I keep eggs under a hen before it's too late to remove and put in the fridge (before chick develops too much).

My mum is going to throttle me - you do know that right???
When are the babies you ordered due?

View attachment 3430823
Oh and love the 'eye' she is giving you ha!

When are the babies you ordered due?
April 13/14 - if she isn't going to be serious about sitting I will just hold back and get her good and broody to take on the chicks... or give her 3 eggs about 21 days from the delivery day, and her eggs will hatch ~13/14th, and then stuff a couple more chicks under her. I should have a few more broody old bats by then to take on the rest of the chicks hahahaha!

April 13/14 - if she isn't going to be serious about sitting I will just hold back and get her good and broody to take on the chicks... or give her 3 eggs about 21 days from the delivery day, and her eggs will hatch ~13/14th, and then stuff a couple more chicks under her. I should have a few more broody old bats by then to take on the rest of the chicks hahahaha!
Bear in mind: eggs hatched under Ma recognize her voice. The chicks coming in won't know her from the rest. You may need to have her sit someplace like the feed room so you can close her in with the chicks for a couple of days until they learn Ma's voice.

Back
Top Bottom