Hi all, how is everyone?
Yesterday Dixie passed away with the babies under her wing with them chirping trying to get her to wake up. I sent her off for a Necropsy in UCONN because her sudden death alarms me. Jolene seems like her behavior and is sleeping in the house. All dirty, ruffled feathers, pale, not eating. Hope she pulls through.
Oh My Goodness 😢 how awful for you, I sure hope the wee ones are ok, and I sure hope Jolene is ok. Very sad indeed, poor wee chooks.

I will be on the lookout for news from you regarding what the necropsy shows.

Sending a whole lot of hugs your way (hugs hugs hugs).

Monday Mugs

A bit late, but had some work to catch up on, and then the phone needed to be recharged.

Anyways here are my kiddos freshly photographed tonight.

Blanche (doesn't she look like she wants to peck me in the eye for waking her? haha)
Blanche.JPG

Dorothy
Dorothy.JPG

Henny Penny my little Ptarmigan
Henny-Penny.JPG

Misty
Misty.JPG

And Mr Big Stuff himself - Mr P
Mr-P.JPG

.... somewhere under those feathers is a mug!

Hi all, how is everyone?
Yesterday Dixie passed away with the babies under her wing with them chirping trying to get her to wake up. I sent her off for a Necropsy in UCONN because her sudden death alarms me. Jolene seems like her behavior and is sleeping in the house. All dirty, ruffled feathers, pale, not eating. Hope she pulls through.
Oh how sad.

I am ready to give up. Rosie finally got caught up from having to miss 2 weeks of school a month ago and she is sick again. Headache, ear ache, freezing and chest burning. My gut is telling me this is a sinus infection. It has been unseasonably warm and things are blooming a good 2 weeks early. I did keep her home as she was up half the night with her ear hurting. Will try to get her in with her doctor, I refuse to go back to that after hours clinic. I promise, if I hear strep or worse again I will cry.
Oh no, i hope she recovers well. :hugs

You and me both!

Just the way we are built.

Personally now I stay way for me anyone coughing and sneezing. I had 2 wonderful years not sick and it spoiled me forever hahahahaha!!! I won't even let my cousin come here if her kids are sniffling!

Do you have someone to help with your chooks when your sick? Or do you drag your butt out to them?
None of my chores magically disappear even I am sick. In this case, I was injured, too, and still looked after the dog and the chickens. My husband did pick up my meds for me, though.

It takes generally three days for symptoms but that can vary. Possible considerations I can think of at the moment are the usual - size of spaces (cavernous, claustrophobic, something in between?), including the bathrooms you encounter, number of people, proximity to said people, & viral load out there. Lots of people think they don't have Covid when they do.

Tax & Monday Mugs. Got some pictures today!

Hazel, looking very fetching
View attachment 3430484

View attachment 3430488
View attachment 3430489
Beautiful Hazel photos!

You and me both!

Just the way we are built.

Personally now I stay way for me anyone coughing and sneezing. I had 2 wonderful years not sick and it spoiled me forever hahahahaha!!! I won't even let my cousin come here if her kids are sniffling!

Do you have someone to help with your chooks when your sick? Or do you drag your butt out to them?
Yes! this is so relatable. I avoid anything that could cause a sick hazard and anyone with a cough or any other symptoms, yet i seem to be getting it the most. I don’t get it.

None of my chores magically disappear even I am sick. In this case, I was injured, too, and still looked after the dog and the chickens. My husband did pick up my meds for me, though.
Awwww keep him 💕 Getting your meds is very important!

Usually I do my own chores, but I was so sick last August with covid it was astonishing how sick I was, no wonder my mum called the ambulance (now why did she do that? and the neighbours are so nosey!).

I guess if I had no one here I would have hauled my butt out there and just threw up in the wheelbarrow and staggered around feeding the horses, I did that before when I had pneumonia (though have to say covid was waaaaay worse IMHO - of course I am 20 yrs older also ha! funny how I am still 19 - must be a time warp).

Time Tax
What do we want??? Babies!

BFTP - Henny Penny and her hatchlings
IMG_20211019_152205.jpg

Back
Top Bottom