Eli is very appreciative of Aurora’s advice, and has asked for a spicy sauce to be served with her broccoli!
She also said that she plans to vote for Aurora for President (but that I am not to tell Bernadette about that for fear of reprisals).
:lau
:goodpost:

Tell Eli make sure she keeps up her flying skills she might need them!

:gig

I also have a Curly egg :) that's 3...

So if someone (preferably a couple) will oblige me and go broody I will set these 3 on the 25th, they should hatch same day as I am getting my chicks I ordered.

Of course I can always get more Marty and Sophia eggs to hatch....

Eggs can keep up to 10 days correct? Hey do I store them pointy end up?
You have to turn them. I found putting them in an egg carton, then turning the carton works well. I've heard 30 day old eggs can still be incubated with some success, but.... last year, we put eggs up to 2 weeks old in the incubator. Inlaws were skeptical on hatch rates. Their eggs were only a couple of days old. Total 27 eggs, 7 not fertile, 17 pipped, 3 either didn't make it out of the shell or passed within a day of hatching. We were also battling temps of 5-15F to collect the eggs. I turned the carton twice a day while collecting.

You have to turn them. I found putting them in an egg carton, then turning the carton works well. I've heard 30 day old eggs can still be incubated with some success, but.... last year, we put eggs up to 2 weeks old in the incubator. Inlaws were skeptical on hatch rates. Their eggs were only a couple of days old. Total 27 eggs, 7 not fertile, 17 pipped, 3 either didn't make it out of the shell or passed within a day of hatching. We were also battling temps of 5-15F to collect the eggs. I turned the carton twice a day while collecting.
Good to know - I put them into an egg carton (easier to hide from prying eyes: read 'mother'), and will flip morning and night. It's 17C here in the feed-room/office, is that warm enough?

Good to know - I put them into an egg carton (easier to hide from prying eyes: read 'mother'), and will flip morning and night. It's 17C here in the feed-room/office, is that warm enough?
I would think so. We were trying to catch eggs still warm from laying and bringing them inside through temps ranging from @10C to @-15c. Didn't keep them in the outside temps for very long, but a few got fairly cold in the coop before being found.

Eli is very appreciative of Aurora’s advice, and has asked for a spicy sauce to be served with her broccoli!
She also said that she plans to vote for Aurora for President (but that I am not to tell Bernadette about that for fear of reprisals).
:lau
Now that's funny! 😆

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but what is this thread about? I can assume it started as a personal thread for sharing chick pics, but the amount of messages makes me think it’s now more of a community thread
Now that is a difficult question. It is about the tribe of chickens at Fluffy Butt Acres and their antics. Over time that tribe of chickens has expanded and is now a bit of a virtual tribe of chickens so we all share stories and pictures of our chickens.
It is mainly about the chickens, but we are also cat lovers, horse lovers and are suckers for goats. So those critters have their days in the week when we share pictures.
I think what binds us is that we love our chickens and other animals and that we appreciate telling or reading a good story about them.
Sometimes we get diverted and just chit chat but there are rules about paying tax in chicken pictures that seek to limit non-chicken topics.
We are also united in our appreciation of Bob, the host of the thread, who creates a very welcoming and friendly environment for us all.
I am not sure if that is a good explanation and I imagine others will pile on to improve it.
Meanwhile, in the spirit of the thread, here is my tax payment for chatting: Babs on full alert about something

81DFE926-43CB-4521-AE3D-CDB2971F5B15.jpeg

Now that is a difficult question. It is about the tribe of chickens at Fluffy Butt Acres and their antics. Over time that tribe of chickens has expanded and is now a bit of a virtual tribe of chickens so we all share stories and pictures of our chickens.
It is mainly about the chickens, but we are also cat lovers, horse lovers and are suckers for goats. So those critters have their days in the week when we share pictures.
I think what binds us is that we love our chickens and other animals and appreciate telling or reading a good story about them.
Sometimes we get diverted and just chit chat but there are rules about paying tax in chicken pictures that seek to limit non-chicken topics.
We are also united in our appreciation of Bob, the host of the thread, who creates a very welcoming and friendly environment for us all.
I am not sure if that is a good explanation and I imagine others will pile on to improve it.
Meanwhile, in the spirit of the thread, here is my tax payment for chatting: Babs on full alert about something

View attachment 3432520
:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom