Or….. maybe just a raccoon- do you even have raccoons out there ?

Check out these tracks from this morning, on my way to the barn and saw these coon prints.

View attachment 3438359

Need to get my run finished with electric fencing.
First impression is fisher prints. Size reference for stride needed though. Watch out for this one (if it is a fisher).

Or….. maybe just a raccoon- do you even have raccoons out there ?

Check out these tracks from this morning, on my way to the barn and saw these coon prints.

View attachment 3438359

Need to get my run finished with electric fencing.
That's scary 😨

I am so thankful you reminded me about the phone’s software.
These are actually two different pictures but taken only seconds apart.
I played with the settings on the first one and it is MUCH, much, much closer to what she looked like in real life when I snapped the picture.

It feels like cheating somehow but she really does look that brilliant. Pretty girl!

View attachment 3439611View attachment 3439612
She looks absolutely glowing in teh first picture!:love:love:love

Sorry for the lack of photos lately, my husband has off for 2 weeks for my sons 4th birthday and to get a buncha projects done so we have been very busy. I am here reading and keeping notes for the weekly synopsis just haven’t gotten new picture time with my girls.

Landmark egg day though all 9 laid an egg today first time that has ever happened. 😳 thats a-lot of eggs! Also its official lil Ms attitude Peanut is not an Ameraucana she must be a F1 olive egger as I only have two bright light teal eggs and they are nearly identical from my Azure Eggers snicker and doodle. Aren’t genetics odd she hands down looks 100% like an Ameraucana to me but nope the egg color doesn’t lie.

Peanut - Fuzzy cheek girl full of attitude
View attachment 3438392
Eggs are such a blessing! 🥰

Hello everyone. Just a few more days and I'll be home. I'll depart Dubai early Friday and after 30 hours travel I'll be home Late Friday local time in Texas. Looking forward to seeing my wife and critters and posting some pictures.
You have been missed.

They both have white skin (as opposed to yellow), so they look 'pink', and have a bit of 'black' dusting on them. Now I am really curious as to their heritage. But, then, they are European birds, and Europeans tended to prefer white skin versus Americans tended to prefer yellow skin 'back in the day' that is. (Who the heck knows why?:idunno) So I guess that makes sense, in some convoluted evolutionary - genetic crosses way.

Um, @RoyalChick or @rural mouse , I think I'll need some back-up on this. My learning experience with genetics was from H.S. and male X female gives you what percent of each, and then something with peas...but forgot what the traits were...I just remember the 4 block cube with possible genetic outcomes.
I don't know. Suspect googling history of polish barred frizzle or cuckoo may shed some light on it. Barring, white eggs, frizzle, crest, beard/muffs...bit of a puzzle. Barred rocks, Dominiques and cuckoo marans all are barred, but are brown egg layers. Brown is an overlay on white and is dominate, so I don't thing those breeds were used (too difficultto eliminate from gene pool). What white egg layers come in barred/cuckoo?

Back
Top Bottom